Reload this Page >

Quick Question - NZ Defence Forces

Quick Question - NZ Defence Forces

Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Peanut_Toaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick Question - NZ Defence Forces

Hi all,

Apologies if this question has been answered before - I did attempt the search facility!!

Im looking at applying for the NZ Defence forces, Im currently in the RAF.

My question is - has anyone had any experience of applying for all 3? i.e Navy, Army and Air Force?

If someone has gone through this before - have they had any problems with NZ house recruitment cell, regarding triplicate applications for the 3 services? Do you think it may go against me?

I have a slight preference for the RNZAF, but I am more than happy/willing to join up to any of the services.

Im really sorry i have made this question a babble!

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.

Last edited by Peanut_Toaster; Apr 21st 2008 at 7:56 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick Question - NZ Defence Forces

I only applied for one - back in 2004 and joined up in 2005, and my comment would be that the recruitment process was very slow. Applying for all three may make it even slower, although I think they have tried to speed things up a bit recently.
The RNZAF have recruited a lot of ex-RAF recently, and the RNZN has a steady trickle of ex-RN. We (RNZN) are currently very short of Marine Engineering Technicians and Officers, and have some quite bad shortages in other areas.
One development you should be aware of is the move towards a "level playing field" in the payment of pension contributions and accommodation assistance. Far too complicated to go into here, but the net result is we should have between 5% and 30% more take-home pay in the near future (albeit the higher figure is by having lower contributions to the pension scheme)