Reload this Page >

A quick question as I'm Stuck!

A quick question as I'm Stuck!

Old Apr 7th 2018, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

123aliz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A quick question as I'm Stuck!

Hi all,

I have a question that I am struggling to find an answer to or where to direct the question officially and so I wondered if any of you lovely people may know or be able to point me in the right direction.

My Father has the right to remain stamped in his old expired UK passport for New Zealand. I have found the information to have this transferred into his current UK passport (does any one know if there is a time limit?) which is great but my main question is as his daughter does this or could this give me an immigration rights to live/work in New Zealand/Australia?? I realise it sounds a long shot but I am just about to apply for a skilled visa which I am eligible for but my father found his old passport with the stamp in and so it seems silly not to check before I apply for a skilled visa.

Thank you in advance for anyone who takes the time to read this and hopefully replies.

Ali
Old Apr 7th 2018, 11:12 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A quick question as I'm Stuck!

I think you may just have to call up/email Immigration NZ Contact Us - Immigration NZ Knowledgebase
I would not think it would mean you could come over on the back of it as even people married to Kiwi Citizens have to make a certain criteria. but hey you never know.
Old Apr 8th 2018, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

unless you are a dependent child it does not give you any right to live here
(think dependent can be up 21 yr old )

is you father still here (in nz) if not when did he leave

Last edited by Justcol; Apr 8th 2018 at 8:21 am.
Old Apr 8th 2018, 9:28 am
Just Joined

123aliz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both for replying, I will follow the link given and I'm too old to be a dependent. I didn't think I would have any rights but seemed silly to overlook just incase.

Thanks again.