British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   questions of advice on everything for move from Uk to Auckland (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/questions-advice-everything-move-uk-auckland-921827/)

ahayward25 Feb 6th 2019 5:25 pm

questions of advice on everything for move from Uk to Auckland

Apologies for repeating questions that have been previously posted but finding up to date responses to all the questions I have does not seem easy to navigate on first using the site.

Any tips on the following questions would be greatly appreciated!

- Any good priced UK migration agent that anyone has used? Guide on total cost charged to obtain permanent skilled migrant residency visa. I know most people may say DIY but prefer my chances with an agent.

- Anyone get charged tax and duties on any goods shipped over? Plan to bring used contents of a house over but would like to bring a few new items but not keen if will be charged tax. Is it ok to bring a newly sealed item as long as it’s over 12 months old?

- Want to rent a house close enough to Auckland CBD that I could bike or walk there. Any good advice on neighbouring suburbs that don’t necessarily cost the earth? I know all rentals are expensive in comparison to the uk but like everyone, would like a house in quiet safe area close to CBD knowing I can’t afford the pricey high end market.

- UK to Auckland door to door shipping cost for a 20ft container? Anyone able to get reduction on insurance costs or did you choose an alternative to the removal company?

- Anyone have any assistance in obtaining a job offer when based in the UK still? Migration agent has a business partner in NZ that can support search for a job but the cost is over $2000 in all.

- Is trademe best place to find a car or any known good dealers close to Auckland CBD?

MrsFychan Feb 7th 2019 3:25 am

Re: questions of advice on everything for move from Uk to Auckland

Hi and Welcome to BE, Firstly what is your occupation and have you done the points indicator to see if you can actually uplift a visa if you get a job offer?

ahayward25 Feb 7th 2019 5:59 am

Re: questions of advice on everything for move from Uk to Auckland

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 12633583)
Hi and Welcome to BE, Firstly what is your occupation and have you done the points indicator to see if you can actually uplift a visa if you get a job offer?

Hi. Yes. Initial assessment and consultation carried out providing 200 points. Field is Marketing so appreciate not a shortage in terms of demand but determined to persevere with an application.

Whilst at the early stages of this process, answers to these questions will really help budget for the costs i am expecting. I am very happy my initial agent knows the process far better than me but a fair price is something i need to consider.

Thanks in advance to anyone that has experience and able to answer any of my questions.