Questions!

Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

jeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant future
Smile Questions!

Hi All

Well after documents being with NZQA for 2 months they have decided to give us the Level 4 that we required for residency! Woo Hoo! Case Officer said the next step will be the interview, I know this has been asked before but can you just give me a quick reminder of what to expect and what questions they ask?

Cheers
J
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice
Default Re: Questions!

Can't really help but your question was slipping down the page unanswered so - BUMP!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeany
Hi All

Well after documents being with NZQA for 2 months they have decided to give us the Level 4 that we required for residency! Woo Hoo! Case Officer said the next step will be the interview, I know this has been asked before but can you just give me a quick reminder of what to expect and what questions they ask?

Cheers
J
hubby did our interview & from what i can recall it's basically how they think you will get on once in NZ. for example my hubby had no job offer but in the interview he told them that if he had to go scrub the loos to put food & table & a roof over our heads he would do. we was then give a PR so he did ok .
good luck
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:35 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

The questions I was asked were pretty much what you'd expect.

What do you intend to do in NZ, what plans do you have when you arrive, are you selling the UK house, that sort of thing.

Just be honest, show you're committed to making the move and making it work - no point trying to guess exactly what answers they're after.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

miss_ck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
My OH had his telephone interview a couple of months ago and he said the case officer was very straightforward - why NZ, how do you plan to support yourself, what will your OH do, do you know anyone in NZ already, what do you know about life in NZ. He was a little bit nervous but it went fine and if you've read some books, done a bit of research you will be fine.

And at the end of the interview, the case officer more or less told him that it was a positive outcome and that we'd get the letter soon.

Best of luck, I know it can be nerve wracking not knowing what to expect.