Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A question on timing. NZ Department of Corrections

A question on timing. NZ Department of Corrections

Old Jul 13th 2017, 4:17 am
Just Joined

VegitableMigration is an unknown quantity at this point
Question A question on timing. NZ Department of Corrections

I am considering applying to one of the openings currently listed for Corrections Officers, and was hoping someone here might be able to answer a few questions to which I have not found the answers to elsewhere.

What is the turn around from the closing of the listing to interviews/ assessments centers? (One of the openings closes in 1 week, and I am curious how soon after that I might expect the next step on the process.)

Are the interviews one-on-one or panel?

From previous threads I know there are some former (if not current) NZ Prison Workers here and would love to get their input.

@Pigdog;
Old Jul 13th 2017, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Pigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud of
Default Re: A question on timing. NZ Department of Corrections

Hello, Pigdog here

Personally I don't think NZ are fast at doing anything. Whilst it's frustrating when you are waiting to hear from someone, it's also nice to live a slower pace of life. We applied in 2013 and got a response 2 to 3 weeks after the closing date to say our applications had been accepted. We then came out to NZ in Jan 2014 for interviews / assessments / holiday. We received letters of acceptance in April then started the visa applications. We finally moved to NZ in October 2014.
The interview was a panel asking scenarios and a role play. We also did a fitness and drug test.
I know DoC have recently been recruiting in the UK but I don't know if the set up is the same.

Fire away with any other questions and I will try and help.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 3:17 am
Just Joined

VegitableMigration is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A question on timing. NZ Department of Corrections

Thank you for you're quick response. This is exactly the type of information I was looking for.