Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Question for recent arrrivals

Question for recent arrrivals

Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for recent arrrivals

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Not the Perry Groves?

I wish I was, no, just a Gooner who wants to head to NZ I'm afraid!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 7:33 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say to all those who have taken the plunge – with or without a reccie – well done and best of luck and happiness to all of you.

I think you’ll agree with the one saying that keeps coming to my mind…

“You only ever regret the things you didn’t do!”
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Question for recent arrrivals

hiya

we arrived on the 4th of december and we had never set foot in the place before. we priced up a reccie etc and decided to just to take the plunge. to be honest for us its been great. hard work but worth every minute and we all love the place.

jim and debs xxx
Old Jan 31st 2009, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

We didnt do a recci for same reason as others , better to spend money on the move , holiday not same as living.

We Love it here, out of everywhere we have visited in the world i can say this for us anyway has been the most beautiful place we have been to , we were looking at canada as we have family there and so glad we chose here. Everyone here is so friendly , more varied choices of food in shops etc

come to new plymouth its amazing with lovely places to visit

caz
Old Jan 31st 2009, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
We didnt do a recci for same reason as others , better to spend money on the move , holiday not same as living.

We Love it here, out of everywhere we have visited in the world i can say this for us anyway has been the most beautiful place we have been to , we were looking at canada as we have family there and so glad we chose here. Everyone here is so friendly , more varied choices of food in shops etc

come to new plymouth its amazing with lovely places to visit

caz
Nice to read a real positive and sense of adventure thread. Best of luck to all of you!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nick333
Nice to read a real positive and sense of adventure thread. Best of luck to all of you!
thanks very much , good luck to you also
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:40 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

We came here without visiting first, been here 16 months
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
I wish I was, no, just a Gooner who wants to head to NZ I'm afraid!
That's alright then... you'll have no problems getting in... i've seen Man Utd fans arrive and be let in so there should be no issue for the rest of us!!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:47 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Is there anyone who has emigrated to New Zealand without first visiting? We want to go on a reccie but can't really afford it at the moment.
Hi
YES we did was due out on a holiday for 6 weeks as all the paper work was done and just wanted to have a good look around but that never happened as him in doors!!!!sent off his CV to a few Construction companies in just 24 hours he had a job offer!!!! placed the house on the Market sold in 3 days !!!!that was back in 2003. My friend back in the UK was from ChCh so we had a bit of an understanding.
But we have lived as far as the north even 2 hours drive pasted Auckland but like it in the South.. it all depends on what you are looking for? and like us it had to be with the job offer first if the job is not the right one take time to make sure the next is and in the location you would like to live have a good look around we did hope this will help.
Lin
Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Is there anyone who has emigrated to New Zealand without first visiting? We want to go on a reccie but can't really afford it at the moment.
we moved to nz without having been here before. ask yourself, in th etwo weeks you come over for a visit, what really do you expect to see to make you change your mind about moving.
keep your optins options apen about returnning to the uk if youre unsure tho.
good to have a plan b
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

Hi All...
We came over for 12 days before we diecided but that only because OH boss wanted him too, If it was up to me personally i wouldn't bother as like everyone else has said being on holiday is completly different to living here day in day out!!!!!!!!
We moved out at the End of Oct and missing family like mad but, can't say i'm missing the UK much though lol