Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Question re EOI and ITA

Question re EOI and ITA

Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:49 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question re EOI and ITA

We lodged our EOI on 16 March and were selected on the 30th. Can anyone who is going through the same process let me know how soon after selection they received their ITA. Also can you tell me what sort of questions the case officer would ask my husband, the main applicant, should he be interviewed by immigration?

Many thanks
Lucy
Old Apr 5th 2005, 8:05 pm
Banned

baileyalison is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question re EOI and ITA

Originally Posted by lucyb
We lodged our EOI on 16 March and were selected on the 30th. Can anyone who is going through the same process let me know how soon after selection they received their ITA. Also can you tell me what sort of questions the case officer would ask my husband, the main applicant, should he be interviewed by immigration?

Many thanks
Lucy
hello it took about six weeks between my eoi and my ita ive been for the medical and everything is with the immigration office as we speak i dont know about the questions though
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:49 am
Just Joined

jocalla is an unknown quantity at this point

Husband was also selected on the 30th, checked status last night and it said 'decision successful', so will keep you updated on progress

Joanne
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

sandybob will become famous soon enoughsandybob will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Question re EOI and ITA

Hi, it took around six weeks to come through. We have had the interview and it was by phone. It wasn't to bad they asked us basically what preperations and research we had been doing. Other qustions were did we have a job, what money we would be taking with us, did we have any family and friends out there and why we wanted to move to NZ.
I hope this will help, if you need any more info. I will try to answer it for you.
We have almost completed the process now and will be moving out in the next few months.
Regards BOB.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Suger Plum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - first post! Hopefully you will be able to advise......... Our EOI is still in the pool, it was submitted just before the last selection date with anticipated points of 115. Just wondered how may points you guys were selected with (so I can get a realisic perspective of our chances) and how long you had to wait before selection?
You can telll, I'm getting a bit panicy now!!!!

Thanks

SP
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:42 am
Banned

ps_wardle is on a distinguished road

Hi,
We were selected last year (June) with 155 points, unbeleivable how hard it was to prove those, when now the pass mark is 100 !!!. So long as you can prove what you've said with proper documentation, you'll be fine. Once you've been selected from the pool, it will probably take 6 weeks or so, ours took 3 months, but they had to verify job offers in NZ first, so depending on how you've got your points, might depend on how long it takes....
i'll give you some advice now, once you've put your EOI in, the stress & worry gets worse !!!! you wonder about everything, worry about everything, if things take longer than you think they might you think its because theres a problem. We've just got our approval in March & when you do, you look back & wonder why you were stressed.
Your post asks for the number of points people had for selection, so long as you get selected from the pool, it won't hinder you're chances if you've got 115 & someone else has 130 or whatever, if you can prove your points, you'll get it.....you won't be thought of less just because you've less points.....
Good luck with it all......keep posting for advice.

Originally Posted by Suger Plum
Hi - first post! Hopefully you will be able to advise......... Our EOI is still in the pool, it was submitted just before the last selection date with anticipated points of 115. Just wondered how may points you guys were selected with (so I can get a realisic perspective of our chances) and how long you had to wait before selection?

Thanks

SP
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Hi SP

We have 105 points

Joanne
Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:19 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

SP
Don't panic! We were selected after a week with only 110 points
Biddy
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reasurance! I feel like I've become paranoid overnight! ps_wardle - are able to prove everything apart from my partners shortage skills status, his application with the NZQA has just been submitted. THanks again for all your replies - I will keep you posted,fingers crossed!!

SP
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:42 pm
Banned

They'll give you time anyway, & besides, you'll get taken from the pool & then they'll look at it, they'll either Invite you to apply, by which time the NZQA stuff will have come back, or they'll ask you then & give you time to prove it.....as i say, ours took 3 months to prove the job offer & they weren't in a rush, it will be fine.....when we were living in NZ, the NZQA could do it quicker for an inflated fee, dont know if that service is available from overseas.....it might be worth it if you can do it, but i'm sure it was an extra $600, but they did it in 10 days or something.....
it will work out

Thanks for the reasurance! I feel like I've become paranoid overnight! ps_wardle - are able to prove everything apart from my partners shortage skills status, his application with the NZQA has just been submitted. THanks again for all your replies - I will keep you posted,fingers crossed!!

SP
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

THanks ps_wardle!

SP
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Just had another awful thought - feel free to shout if I really am spending too much time thinking about this............!
Has anyone had any experience of/or know anyone, who has NEVER been selected from the pool even though they meet the points criteria??
(I know, Iknow, but I can't help it.........!)
SP
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:31 am
Banned

No i've never heard of it, i think its automatic by computer, you'll get selected from the pool, dont worry, then they'll start checking what you've put down. You should save up all your stress, as it will get worse than this......whats your situation, are you just claiming points on age & quals etc, or is there a job offer on the EOI,
when we got selected from the pool, after a while i spoke to our C.O ( we were assigned one straight away as we had job offers on the EOI ) shortly before he issued our invitation to apply & he said that as long as we could prove what was on the EOI, then we would get approval & i think that this rule applies over the board, you'll be fine, but the process isnt going to get any easier......feel free to ask for any advice you like via this post or private message, we got ours approved about 3 weeks ago, so understand the stresses & strains you feel now & will feel

Just had another awful thought - feel free to shout if I really am spending too much time thinking about this............!
Has anyone had any experience of/or know anyone, who has NEVER been selected from the pool even though they meet the points criteria??
(I know, Iknow, but I can't help it.........!)
SP
Old Apr 8th 2005, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Hiya

Husband got his application pack from the postman this morning Pretty quick

Joanne
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:07 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jocalla
Hiya

Husband got his application pack from the postman this morning Pretty quick

Joanne

Hi Joanne

But are you already in Chch? Was your EOI selected on March 30? If so that's the same day as us!
Lucyb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.