Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

question on duration of Visa

question on duration of Visa

Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:25 am
Just Joined

ryanlove has a spectacular aura aboutryanlove has a spectacular aura aboutryanlove has a spectacular aura about
Default question on duration of Visa

My mum's visitors visa was issued Jan 3 and as it says just across that date , "Must not arrive after March 3, 2008" (since it's just a two-month visa).

She was only able to book a flight however for Jan. 24; my question is, does the two-month that she was given begin counting down on the date of issue or does it only count down when she gets there on the 24th????

Thanks!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:21 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question on duration of Visa

Originally Posted by ryanlove
My mum's visitors visa was issued Jan 3 and as it says just across that date , "Must not arrive after March 3, 2008" (since it's just a two-month visa).

She was only able to book a flight however for Jan. 24; my question is, does the two-month that she was given begin counting down on the date of issue or does it only count down when she gets there on the 24th????

Thanks!
Her two months begin when she arrives in NZ. She would not be allowed in to start that two months on that visa after the 3rd March 08...Hope that helps
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:23 am
Just Joined

ryanlove has a spectacular aura aboutryanlove has a spectacular aura aboutryanlove has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: question on duration of Visa

thanks andrew!