Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Question about trees

Question about trees

Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Question about trees

Originally Posted by dlmckay
I hired two men to come around with their choppers!

Have we done this to death yet?
Sounds like an idea, may I ask how much it cost...for the two men with big choppers....
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:54 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Could someone send 2 men with big choppers round to my house..........I have a tree that needs to come down.........honest!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure if you want my two men and their big choppers... they were a little.... rustic?

If I say stubbies and swan-dri, does that paint a picture for you

But they were free to me... my neighbour wanted the tree down, so he asked his "cousins" to come in from "down the line" with their choppers
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Oh bugger...I think I need proffessionals due to the closeness of the house and a fence, has anyone hired proffessional tree cutting people...Yes I know what they are called but can't spell it!!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Arborists try under Tree Services in the Yellow Pages.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dlmckay
Arborists try under Tree Services in the Yellow Pages.
You mean it doesn't come under Big Choppers,what a disappointment.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:16 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

I don't think you can chop down pohutukawa trees without permission, unsure about other natives though.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:04 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

We used these guys the year before last:

http://www.treescape.co.nz/

They did a good job but we weren't here when they came and they missed a tree that they quoted for doing. It took ages to get them to come back. But on the bright side we didn't pay them for months either

We had about half a dozen big trees pruned by them and they charged $500
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:11 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RobClubley
We used these guys the year before last:

http://www.treescape.co.nz/

They did a good job but we weren't here when they came and they missed a tree that they quoted for doing. It took ages to get them to come back. But on the bright side we didn't pay them for months either

We had about half a dozen big trees pruned by them and they charged $500

Did they take away the wood as well.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:25 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
Did they take away the wood as well.
Yep.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sounds like a good deal...might give them a ring