British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Question about proving business experience (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/question-about-proving-business-experience-331267/)

JaneAS Oct 13th 2005 5:15 pm

Question about proving business experience

Hi folks.
I'm gathering up all the paperwork that will be needed if our EOI gets selected (not even submitted it yet!), and I have a question about proving my employment history.

It says I need to have evidence from all my past employers, on letter headed paper. I could get that, with numerous letters, but since I have been contracting for the past 7 years, I wondered if the agency contracts would be sufficient instead? I already have those filed away. They state the location of the contract, and the duration. What do you think?

Also, how far back do you have to go?

Thanks,
JaneAS

Joshlin Oct 14th 2005 8:06 am

Re: Question about proving business experience

Originally Posted by JaneAS
Hi folks.
I'm gathering up all the paperwork that will be needed if our EOI gets selected (not even submitted it yet!), and I have a question about proving my employment history.

It says I need to have evidence from all my past employers, on letter headed paper. I could get that, with numerous letters, but since I have been contracting for the past 7 years, I wondered if the agency contracts would be sufficient instead? I already have those filed away. They state the location of the contract, and the duration. What do you think?

Also, how far back do you have to go?

Thanks,
JaneAS

Hi JaneAS
you have to supply evidence for the number of years you are claiming points for - can't remember the bands now but if you going for greatest (10yrs plus I think) then you need evidence for more than 10 yrs worth.
as long as the contracts show start / finish dates and give an indication of the role employed in then they should be fine.
Vicki

ledge Oct 14th 2005 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Hi JaneAS
you have to supply evidence for the number of years you are claiming points for - can't remember the bands now but if you going for greatest (10yrs plus I think) then you need evidence for more than 10 yrs worth.
as long as the contracts show start / finish dates and give an indication of the role employed in then they should be fine.
Vicki

Hi Jane,

I think you've said on one of you other posts that you're an IT contractor - if so you could do what I did: get your accountant to write a confirmation of the dates during which you worked and average income over that period. When I submitted my ITA NZIS came back and asked to see some accounts for that period (in my case 20 years :eek: ), but all they actually needed was 3 samples over the last 10 years. After that it went through really quickly.

Laurence

JaneAS Oct 14th 2005 8:37 pm

Thanks folks. I have all my agency contracts anyway, and copies of my accounts, so hopefully that will be easily sorted!

Jane