Reload this Page >

Queries on shipping spices, tea and tax-free investments

Queries on shipping spices, tea and tax-free investments

Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

capri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Queries on shipping spices, tea and tax-free investments

hi folks,
pardon me for asking this question on shipping spices and tea into auckland. i have seen a thread on this somewhere but i just can't locate it! been trawling the forum several times and i give up looking so here's the question again - can we ship tea and spices into NZ?

i got loads of them and much as we try to use them every day before we leave, there's still plenty left, including new boxes of chinese tea leaves and new packs of spices... would really appreciate responses from those who have done it. please let me know: must we declare it in detail on the box label? will customs want the box opened for them to inspect? will we be taxed on those new boxes/packets of tea and spices?

another question - anyone knows of any good value tax-free investments in NZ other than government bonds? we don't fancy putting $$$ in the bank and having the interest taxed. know what i mean? would be most grateful for any useful tips and advice on this financial aspect.

thanks!
capri