Queenstown Information Required

Queenstown Information Required

Old Nov 17th 2007, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

gazrth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Queenstown Information Required

Hi

This is my 1st post so go easy.

Can anyone help me I need so information. After losing my after recently losing my job and feel feed up with the UK, was talking with friends how moved over to New Zealand 3 years ago and love it. Who for the umpteenth time where twisting my arm to come over as they say I will love it in New Zealand. So I have sorted my working visa and I am ready to go well sort of.

Although I have know some people in New Zealand they are based just out side Auckland. I how ever have decide to base around Queenstown mostly due to great mountain biking which I have been to can be had in this area.

But overall I know very little about the area so any advice tips about the area would be great.

Thanks one nervous traveller

PS Is their an amateur football leagues in this area as a play at decent stand in UK and would like to carry on in New Zealand if possible
Old Nov 17th 2007, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Billy_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really nice
Default Re: Queenstown Information Required

Originally Posted by gazrth
Hi

This is my 1st post so go easy.

Can anyone help me I need so information. After losing my after recently losing my job and feel feed up with the UK, was talking with friends how moved over to New Zealand 3 years ago and love it. Who for the umpteenth time where twisting my arm to come over as they say I will love it in New Zealand. So I have sorted my working visa and I am ready to go well sort of.

Although I have know some people in New Zealand they are based just out side Auckland. I how ever have decide to base around Queenstown mostly due to great mountain biking which I have been to can be had in this area.

But overall I know very little about the area so any advice tips about the area would be great.

Thanks one nervous traveller

PS Is their an amateur football leagues in this area as a play at decent stand in UK and would like to carry on in New Zealand if possible
Queenstown...expensive, overhyped but there are travellers working and living there so it is possible. And it is a very beautiful part of the country. There is a soccer league in Qtown. I lived in Invercargill, about 1.5 hours down the road. Worth considering. You can be skiing, mountain biking etc with just a short drive. Plus its cheaper and less crowded down south. And it has a soccer league.