Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Quantity Surveyors

Quantity Surveyors

Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

qssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really nice
Default Quantity Surveyors

Hi, Are there any QS's on the forum? If so, could you please let me know what the standard form of contract is and where I could get hold of a copy prior to heading out. Would also like to pick the brains of a QS if anyone is available. Thanks
Old Nov 16th 2012, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

UKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud of
Default Re: Quantity Surveyors

Hi, the most common form I have come across is NZS 3910
Old Nov 16th 2012, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

qssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really nice

Thanks UKQS, do you have a website for a copy and maybe an idiots guide! Is it anything like JCT? Who do you work for, if that is not too much of a personal question? What is it really like in practice> Non't mean to be a limpet, but you are the first "real" QS that I have found in NZ!!!!!
Old Nov 17th 2012, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

UKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud of

You can buy an official copy from... http://www.standards.co.nz/

There are similarities to JCT, although it does tend to have more of a civil engineering bias but that could be because all of my usage has been through my employer (Fulton Hogan) who are a large civil engineering company in NZ and Australia. Your experience as a QS over here will depend on your role and company you work for. I think it is fair to say that most people with a QS degree from back home and a bit of experience will do well here, just watch out for different terminology!
Old Nov 18th 2012, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, copy on order!
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Have some karma UKQS for such helpful posts.

Lovely to see your hat again.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

You're welsome. Good luck with the new job qssue!

Thanks BEVS, happy to be of service.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 6:52 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bestraincloud
I'd love a job in oz
Start looking about 1,500 miles further west...
Old Apr 11th 2013, 1:05 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Quantity Surveyors

Australia and New Zealand are only seperate countries by an accident of history though. Except for the climate, society, government, law and economy they are pretty much the same country.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

ukarchitect is an unknown quantity at this point

The Architect's i've a job offer from, have directed me to the NZIA SCC2011 as the Standard form they use. They gave me a copy to 'read on the plane home' but I've not yet had a chance to do any more than a quick flick through. It looks similar to an JCT IFC.
There seems to be plenty of guides and worked examples on the web.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ukarchitect
The Architect's i've a job offer from, have directed me to the NZIA SCC2011 as the Standard form they use. They gave me a copy to 'read on the plane home' but I've not yet had a chance to do any more than a quick flick through. It looks similar to an JCT IFC.
There seems to be plenty of guides and worked examples on the web.
Thanks, I will have a look. Sue