Reload this Page >

Quantity surveyor vacancies? Auckland

Quantity surveyor vacancies? Auckland

Old Sep 30th 2016, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

Samsalter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quantity surveyor vacancies? Auckland

Hey guys,
I am looking to make the move to Auckland with my wife and child.
Currently living in south Wales working as a Quantity surveyor for one of the UK's leading civil construction companies.
If anyone knows of any vacancies that would suit my needs, please let me know.
Old Sep 30th 2016, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Quantity surveyor vacancies? Auckland

Just so your aware, I have had a job offer from fletcher but they could not place me in the required location at the time.

I have family in northshore so would prefer to be close to them to ease the transition phase.
Old Oct 1st 2016, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Not that I have any experience of the QS trade, but a QS buddy of mine from my home town migrated to Wellington a few years ago with a managers job offer with one of the big construction firms in competition with Fletchers and hated it. Only lasted 18 months and trotted off back to the UK.
He just couldn't get along in the job. Said it was so completely different in all manner of ways, different construction, different materials, different prices. He really struggled with it.
He even had his own QS software suite which he brought over from the UK but he was told he couldn't use it and had to use the spreadsheets in the office that everyone else used even though it was like stepping back in time to when he started training as a QS.

Just making you aware....like with a lot of trades and occupations here, they are vastly different than the UK equivalent.
Old Oct 1st 2016, 8:14 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

This link may be useful to you or not:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z...ighlight=qssue

A contributor to B.E. name of qssue arrived in NZ from Britain three or four years ago.
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

escapedtonz - thanks for being honest and for the information.
I am expecting something a bit different from what I am used to in the UK.
But TBH, the word different excites me rather than puts me off.

Im not an estimator in my current job and not not developed a suite of knowledge/experience with prices etc, so things being different in that sense doesnt bother me at all. The method of work is still similar.

I have been managing subcontractors and working on live projects/contracts using the NEC contract, so I am prepared to use a new type of contract, but again the general focus of the contract is still the same.

Snap Shot - thanks for pointing this out, everything is useful to me at the minute.