British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Quantity Surveyor Salary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/quantity-surveyor-salary-929597/)

ghemmie Dec 1st 2019 7:39 pm

Quantity Surveyor Salary

Hello,

My partner and I are considering a move to New Zealand. We have done loads of research on areas, house prices, rentals, places we can work, moving furniture, exporting the dog etc etc. However, the one thing I cannot find information about is roughly what salary I could expect to earn as a Cost Consultant/ Professional Quantity Surveyor.

To be very clear... We are not looking to move to increase our salaries or earn loads of money for the sake of it. We are considering moving to improve our quality of life. But with us constantly reading and researching about the cost of living in New Zealand, we need to know whether we can afford the quality of life we want. I'd hate to make the move and then find ourselves struggling.

So, does anyone have an idea of what a PQS (MRICS) with 5 years experience would approximately earn?

Thanks,
Gem

BEVS Dec 1st 2019 7:41 pm

Re: Quantity Surveyor Salary

Originally Posted by ghemmie (Post 12772402)
Hello,

My partner and I are considering a move to New Zealand. We have done loads of research on areas, house prices, rentals, places we can work, moving furniture, exporting the dog etc etc. However, the one thing I cannot find information about is roughly what salary I could expect to earn as a Cost Consultant/ Professional Quantity Surveyor.

To be very clear... We are not looking to move to increase our salaries or earn loads of money for the sake of it. We are considering moving to improve our quality of life. But with us constantly reading and researching about the cost of living in New Zealand, we need to know whether we can afford the quality of life we want. I'd hate to make the move and then find ourselves struggling.

So, does anyone have an idea of what a PQS (MRICS) with 5 years experience would approximately earn?

Thanks,
Gem

Hi there and welcome to the NZ forum.

Check out Careers NZ Quantity Surveyor for a ball park figure.

also maybe a mooch around NZIQS.

ghemmie Dec 1st 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Quantity Surveyor Salary

Thanks BEV (long time reader, first time caller). I have taken a look at those sites before but there's quite a wide gap between the top and bottom ranges. I'm not sure if they're based on experience, location or both. I have just been assuming that I'd be somewhere in the middle, around $80k to $90k, similar to my UK salary. But I guess I won't find out until I get some offers. Unfortunately I would have gone quite far down the path by that point and would be a bit crushed if I'm wrong... Would just be a comfort to have someone give a firmer idea.