Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Qualifications - confused any help appreciated!

Qualifications - confused any help appreciated!

Old Dec 1st 2006, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Jode2607 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qualifications - confused any help appreciated!

Hi everyone, I am so glad I have come across this board what a fantastic place of support and advice! My husband and I are in the early stages of enquiring into emigration to NZ. My name is Jo, I am 31, hubby is 28 and we have 3 children

I have registered on the NZ Immigration Site which is both helpful and confusing so thought I might ask here if anyone can give any advice

Right here goes, I have a "few" qaulifications but nothing that would help our points from what I can make out, (not sure though) can anyone help me if I give a rough idea of what I have? My hubby is a time served line painter (road marker) and has all the necessary ADR (dangerous good licence, fork lift truck licence and near on elevn years experience) not sure if that will count for anything? Help! So many questions, sorry folks

I have 3 GNVQ's in Business Admin and Accountancy, and am close to completing the ICDL (ECDL) computer driving licence along with nearly seven years experience as a medical secretary and would also plan to work shortly after arrival to NZ. We would not go without hubby gaining a job offer.

Can anyone give us any idea at all or any personal experiences they can share as to how are chances might be??

Sorry again for all the questions, but thank you soooo much for listening to me ramble

Jodie
Old Dec 1st 2006, 8:25 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifications - confused any help appreciated!

Originally Posted by Jode2607
Hi everyone, I am so glad I have come across this board what a fantastic place of support and advice! My husband and I are in the early stages of enquiring into emigration to NZ. My name is Jo, I am 31, hubby is 28 and we have 3 children

I have registered on the NZ Immigration Site which is both helpful and confusing so thought I might ask here if anyone can give any advice

Right here goes, I have a "few" qaulifications but nothing that would help our points from what I can make out, (not sure though) can anyone help me if I give a rough idea of what I have? My hubby is a time served line painter (road marker) and has all the necessary ADR (dangerous good licence, fork lift truck licence and near on elevn years experience) not sure if that will count for anything? Help! So many questions, sorry folks

I have 3 GNVQ's in Business Admin and Accountancy, and am close to completing the ICDL (ECDL) computer driving licence along with nearly seven years experience as a medical secretary and would also plan to work shortly after arrival to NZ. We would not go without hubby gaining a job offer.

Can anyone give us any idea at all or any personal experiences they can share as to how are chances might be??

Sorry again for all the questions, but thank you soooo much for listening to me ramble

Jodie
Firstly, welcome to the forum

I cannot help Im affraid.

Now I want your hubby's job. Painting lines on roads. Thats for me. You know excatly where youve been and where you going
Old Dec 1st 2006, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Qualifications - confused any help appreciated!

Originally Posted by Jode2607

Jodie
Hi Jodie
My immigration agent told me a job offer is the way forward if it is on the skill shortage list (long term or immediate) you should be ok, Or possibly if it is in a skilled occupation it is still possible to proceed if it is not on the list.
Level 4 quals ok for trades-level five for other's.
Basicaly you will have to take a chance and go on the visitors visa route if you are commited to the move, and then look for a job , work permitt NZ experience BINGO youy should be in.
If you pay to have your quals accessed by NZQA they tend to award the level above the one gained in the UK . There are other options but they cost ££££££££.
Cheers
Martin