Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

qualifications(confused)

qualifications(confused)

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of
Default qualifications(confused)

hi,
filling out expression of interest although i've got lots of city and guilds i don't know what to put doown, or what needs to be converted to relevant nz qualifications.

j.j.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: qualifications(confused)

Originally Posted by jjthefridge View Post
hi,
filling out expression of interest although i've got lots of city and guilds i don't know what to put doown, or what needs to be converted to relevant nz qualifications.

j.j.
Hi,
What are your C&G in?

Regards
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:32 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at previous Oz posts, it would seem to be refrigeration.

Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic 342111 is on the NZIS long term shortage list.

Per Anzsco the level required is:-

In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
You will need to show C&G to an advanced level . If you have this , then you will not need your quals assessed by NZQA.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BEVS here View Post
Looking at previous Oz posts, it would seem to be refrigeration.

Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic 342111 is on the NZIS long term shortage list.

Per Anzsco the level required is:-

You will need to show C&G to an advanced level . If you have this , then you will not need your quals assessed by NZQA.
Hi,
Filling in eoi doesn't list refrigeration mechanic on drop down menu for absolute skills shortage, any idea's? i havn't got advanced c&g but got lots of quals, do you know how i get work experience and quals assessed?

jj
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:31 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

NZQA assess overseas qualifications.

try entering airconditioning and then select from the choices it gives.

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 23rd 2008 at 11:40 pm.