Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Quake ! - It rattled the windows and shook the house.

Quake ! - It rattled the windows and shook the house.

Old Nov 4th 2009, 2:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Quake ! - It rattled the windows and shook the house.

Quake ! About half an hour ago. It rattled the windows here and shook the house. Did anyone else feel it?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Quake ! - It rattled the windows and shook the house.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Quake ! About half an hour ago. It rattled the windows here and shook the house. Did anyone else feel it?
So Bevs the earth moved for you aye lol Im dissapointed i didnt feel a thing and was sitting upstairs so should have mind you a few trucks go past here so i may not have noticed....Trots off to check the earthquake page....
Old Nov 4th 2009, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quake ! - It rattled the windows and shook the house.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Here we go....
NZDT: Wed, Nov 4 2009 3:52 pm
Magnitude: 4.5
Depth: 90 km
Details: 30 km south of St Arnaud
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:53 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

nope, not a sossidge... but then, we're quite a way away from you down there on the mainland!!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:50 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

My chair was shaking today... Put it down to me farting... Maybe it was da quake!!

Old Nov 4th 2009, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice

Originally Posted by Matewx
My chair was shaking today... Put it down to me farting... Maybe it was da quake!!

Ha mine to, cant put mine down to the quake being in the uk but can blame the beans!!!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of

Hi

Re Quake! - I have just seen on Sky TV tonight (in the UK) that there has been an earthquake 6.5 near The Azores - HELP!!!! bit near Europe that is!!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:07 pm
Banned

Madmaxdeux will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Paula2007
Hi

Re Quake! - I have just seen on Sky TV tonight (in the UK) that there has been an earthquake 6.5 near The Azores - HELP!!!! bit near Europe that is!!
No need to Panic....well not unless a Positive Tsunami warning issues anyways.

Anyways back in New Zealand When was the last time that anyone was reported killed by an Earthquake in New Zealand? Yes I think you get the point there are Earthquakes on a daily basis many not felt every week theres up to a dozen felt ones and even some biggies but in New Zealand the risk of being killed is low.

You got more chance of being struck by lightning, run over by a car or even killed in a plane crash than be killed or injured in an Earthquake. Does not mean to say you should not be prepared for one though.

Last edited by Madmaxdeux; Nov 4th 2009 at 7:10 pm.