Quake detection

Old Aug 30th 2013, 8:51 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quake detection

Are some peeps more responsive to tremmors ? 4.3 at 08.00 this morning and the wife feels it and me...nothing! This is not once but several times .....thick skinned comes to mind! Does anyone else find the same?
Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quake detection

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Are some peeps more responsive to tremmors ? 4.3 at 08.00 this morning and the wife feels it and me...nothing! This is not once but several times .....thick skinned comes to mind! Does anyone else find the same?
I felt it, wife didn't, probably because I was still in bed and she was up and about making my coffee!!
Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:52 pm

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
I felt it, wife didn't, probably because I was still in bed and she was up and about making my coffee!!

Ah that could be the answer wifey was in bed she felt it, I was up making coffee and didn,t......
Old Aug 30th 2013, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

My sons teacher, whose a Maori, can feel them seconds before they are felt, she demonstrated during the recent quakes, shouting at the class the be quiet then seconds later the rumbling started
Old Aug 31st 2013, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moonie2011
My sons teacher, whose a Maori, can feel them seconds before they are felt, she demonstrated during the recent quakes, shouting at the class the be quiet then seconds later the rumbling started
I feel the pressure change in my ear before the bang, not always but some of the time.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:33 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Are some peeps more responsive to tremors ? 4.3 at 08.00 this morning and the wife feels it and me...nothing! This is not once but several times .....thick skinned comes to mind! Does anyone else find the same?
You're a bloke.

I feel them straight off. Kind of instant , which is a bit odd . My ears prick up and the air changes. Weird I know. Mr BEVS has a slower re-action and sometimes misses them altogether or feels them just after. Bit like a sound time lapse thing.
I 'feel' the weather also, for some reason and get the headache thing hours before an electrical storm.

Just call me a princess .
Old Sep 5th 2013, 1:11 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Quake detection

You're attributing early earthquake detection to a womans intuition?
Old Sep 5th 2013, 1:45 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Um....... Maybe not actually. Woodlea is XY I believe.

Think of us as finely tuned specimens of humankind.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

ChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really nice

I was sound asleep on Saturday morning, and my housemates didn't feel it either.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 6:58 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends on the part of the building you're in, what you're doing at the time and how sensitive you are. I found I could hear/sense one coming before Mr S and would 'prick up my ears', he would say he could feel nothing and then it would arrive.

I am obviously finely tuned, just like an exquisite Stradivarius
Old Sep 5th 2013, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
Woodlea is XY I believe.
Is I? What is that? Hope it's good
Old Sep 5th 2013, 8:33 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I would assume it means male - someone with XY chromosomes.

Whether it's good for you or not is something only you can say
Old Sep 5th 2013, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Persephone
I would assume it means male - someone with XY chromosomes.

Whether it's good for you or not is something only you can say
Oh good, yes it is good for me, it is my preference as a male, fortunately
Old Sep 5th 2013, 8:55 pm

I must just be ZZZZZZZZZZ