Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

This puts me right off New Zealand!

This puts me right off New Zealand!

Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:28 pm
Imz
Forum Regular

Imz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant future
Default This puts me right off New Zealand!

Watch it's scary

just watch it! Is it worth the risk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXjROXomzfA

Last edited by Imz; Feb 4th 2010 at 2:33 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:47 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This puts me right off New Zealand!

Originally Posted by Imz
Watch it's scary

just watch it! Is it worth the risk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXjROXomzfA
It is a movie called Aftershock by Graeme Tetley......good for a laugh though..leave the light on when you go to bed tonight....
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:59 pm
Imz
Forum Regular

Imz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant future

I am glad someone finds it funny - i'm really thinking of not moving to Welly anymore -far too many risks
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:00 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Imz
I am glad someone finds it funny - i'm really thinking of not moving to Welly anymore -far too many risks
IT is a movie NOT REAL! Please do not watch Jurassic Park!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:01 pm
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Imz
Welly is a lovely city, yes it get`s windy but it doesn`t snow there. It has lovely bays, a lovely harbour, beautiful people and as the Mayor said, "Wellington is the best little capital city in the world" If you are just going to NZ and don`t need to work, you could try the Kapiti coast and still have access to Wellington, or try Hawkes Bay or, my favourite, Gisborne, both places have warmer weather and are on the coast. It is a beautiful country but if you are doubtful, I`m sure the Kiwis could live with that!
Pat.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:18 pm
Imz
Forum Regular

Hi Kamburu,

So that clip doesn't pu you off? Does the potential of an HUGE earthquake happening and possible Tsunami frighten you and want to make you live say in Auckland?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

simon_cassie is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldnt get out of bed if i was you . It can happen any where
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:53 pm

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

ok IMZ I thinking this must be a bloody joke are you for real!

Tell you what take a trip to the Albany estate in camberwell and rent a flat.Then when you have finished a late shift get off the bus in the woolworth road and cut through the estate to get home.

Thats what you call scarey and a real threat every day.

I'd say dont EVER move to NZ as if you are that worried about might's and maybe's you dont have a chance of making it here.

george
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Natural disasters can happen ANYWHERE, not just here.
If you are going to live your life in fear of what MIGHT happen you will never go anywhere or do anything.
You could walk in front of a bus tomorrow, who knows?!
Real life is just one risk after another anyway!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:04 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

IMZ - seriously mate - don't come to New Zealand, I'm not sure the worry levels it will cause you will be good for your health.

You obivously are a bit of a worrier.

So, and I mean this in the nicest posisble way, don't come to live here.....the worry would kill you way before any quake would
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
IMZ - seriously mate - don't come to New Zealand, I'm not sure the worry levels it will cause you will be good for your health.

You obivously are a bit of a worrier.

So, and I mean this in the nicest posisble way, don't come to live here.....the worry would kill you way before any quake would
Sooooooooo agree with WC.. You need to chose somewhere really benign. I am afraid NZ aint that. You will also need to worry as I said about the awful driving, then all the gangs, the P epidemic, the division that is apparently growing betwixt Maori and pakeha that will one day lead to civil unrest some say, the alcohol problem we have, the isolation et al. NZ is FULL of issues ..the earthquake and tsunami concerns are some of the least you need to worry about!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

The seismic activity in NZ is one of the reasons I wanted to come here, it fascinates me. I love going to Rotorua & seeing the power of the earth in action.

I wish I had studied vulcanology at Uni, instead of Home Ec & midwifery. Though I shall shortly be having my latest cookbook "101 recipes with placenta" published.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:09 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix

I wish I had studied vulcanology at Uni, instead of Home Ec & midwifery. Though I shall shortly be having my latest cookbook "101 recipes with placenta" published.
...so really you studied the consquences of one sort of 'earth moving' (as in did the earth move for you) , as opposed to the other
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
...so really you studied the consquences of one sort of 'earth moving' (as in did the earth move for you) , as opposed to the other
I guess I did
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:57 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know where you are in the world Imz but earthquakes happen everywhere

See link for UK

http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/rec...nt_events.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.