British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Public Relations & Accountancy Jobs in Wellington (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/public-relations-accountancy-jobs-wellington-391891/)

Sophie_Wellington Aug 21st 2006 3:29 pm

Public Relations & Accountancy Jobs in Wellington

Hello to you all,

Sorry it's been a while, but me an the OH have been bogged down - 3 weeks to go now!!! :D

We have the visas, the shipping co is coming, Jets4Pets are flying the animals, we even have a lovely Bach booked by the beach for our first weeks. One thing we're missing, just a slight thing - WORK! :scared:

If anyone knows of the following types of jobs, or if they could ask around at their work, we'd be really appreciative. We're not overly concerned, it was ALWAYS the plan to find jobs when we are on the ground, but if you do hear of anything going could you drop me a PM?:-

* Public Relations Consultant
* Account Director (PR or Marketing)
* Copywriter
* Press officer
* Financial Controller

Thanks for your help guys & girls.

See you soon!!!

:)

newkiwi Aug 21st 2006 9:37 pm

Re: Public Relations & Accountancy Jobs in Wellington

Originally Posted by Sophie_Wellington
Hello to you all,

Sorry it's been a while, but me an the OH have been bogged down - 3 weeks to go now!!! :D

We have the visas, the shipping co is coming, Jets4Pets are flying the animals, we even have a lovely Bach booked by the beach for our first weeks. One thing we're missing, just a slight thing - WORK! :scared:

If anyone knows of the following types of jobs, or if they could ask around at their work, we'd be really appreciative. We're not overly concerned, it was ALWAYS the plan to find jobs when we are on the ground, but if you do hear of anything going could you drop me a PM?:-

* Public Relations Consultant
* Account Director (PR or Marketing)
* Copywriter
* Press officer
* Financial Controller

Thanks for your help guys & girls.

See you soon!!!

:)

Seek.co.nz is your best bet to look for something over the internet.
Agents here are so-so, they dont seem to do much more than forward your CV, so be aware of that.
You need references, employers / agents do follow those up, even if your references are in the UK, so best to organise at least two good references before you leave.
You can submit your CV via seek, and in your cover letter you can state when you arrive in NZ, so you can hit the ground running so to speak, with interviews immidiately after you arrive.

where in Wellington are you planning to settle?

Sophie_Wellington Aug 22nd 2006 8:21 pm

Hi NewKiwi,

Thanks for the hints. I've already registered for email updates from Seek.co.nz and we've also joined our respective trade organisations, I was just hoping someone in here would know of a vacancy at their work maybe... I'm sure we'll be fine it's a little nerve-wracking not knowing though.

I've got a couple of interviews lined up but there's no saying what will come from them, as they're just 'potential' contracting roles.

How long did it take people in here to find jobs?

:confused:

BTW we are planning on settling around the south eastern bays not too far from the CBD, but we have a woofer so Houghton / Lyall Bay areas would probably suit.

danny.f Aug 22nd 2006 8:37 pm

Hi NewKiwi,

Thanks for the hints. I've already registered for email updates from Seek.co.nz and we've also joined our respective trade organisations, I was just hoping someone in here would know of a vacancy at their work maybe... I'm sure we'll be fine it's a little nerve-wracking not knowing though.

I've got a couple of interviews lined up but there's no saying what will come from them, as they're just 'potential' contracting roles.

BTW we are planning on settling around the south eastern bays not too far from the CBD, but we have a woofer so Houghton / Lyall Bay areas would probably suit.

Hi Sophie,
sorry - no idea re jobs but good luck and let us know how you get on as Lyall Bay / Houghton are a couple of the areas we are interested in. Hope all goes well,
Donna

newkiwi Aug 22nd 2006 9:40 pm

Hi NewKiwi,

Im sure youll be fine, esp if you ave interviews lined up already. I had a job lined up before the move, my wife took 4 weeks from the time we arrived till she started work, so probably effectively 3 weeks of looking.

the areas lyall bay/ houghton bay are very nice, im not sure what the best places for doggies are... nothing in wellington city is that far from the CBD (im not counting the hutt as wellington city)....