Reload this Page >

psychologists experience of registration

psychologists experience of registration

Old Feb 1st 2013, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

saltypop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default psychologists experience of registration

Hi All
I just wondered if any of you or your friends had any experience of registration with the NZ Pysch board as a psychologist? As well as being very costly I am a bit daunted by the amount of information they need. Any pitfalls I should avoid? I know it's pretty self explanatory but I'd just like to hear from someone with experience of doing it before I start the process. Cheers x
Old Feb 7th 2013, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

LittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really nice
Default Re: psychologists experience of registration

Originally Posted by saltypop
Hi All
I just wondered if any of you or your friends had any experience of registration with the NZ Pysch board as a psychologist? As well as being very costly I am a bit daunted by the amount of information they need. Any pitfalls I should avoid? I know it's pretty self explanatory but I'd just like to hear from someone with experience of doing it before I start the process. Cheers x
Hiya,

What field of psychology are you in? I registered last year and I simply needed to fill in a form that was on their website and send proof of my uk registration along with the application fee. Was registered within a week.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

An educational psychologist. That was quick! There are loads of certificates needed all countersigned by a lawyer etc . Letter of character from 3 registered psychologists. Loads of other stuff like letters from registered psychology bodies. Are you from UK? This is of course for overseas psychologists. How did you manage to do it all in a week!! Are you enjoying your work in NZ? Cheers
Old Feb 15th 2013, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Curlu is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband did his registration application last year and while he is currently UK registered too there was no fastrack option for him either it seems... and he needed to do all the character refs etc too, so we would be interested to hear how LittleMonkey managed that too? Once they received the application they processed it very swiftly! Unfortunately we have found that the salaries just don't match what he can earn here and thats impacting heavily on our decision to move( he's an 8D grade Neuropsychologist which is no a huge area of psychology in NZ).
Old Feb 15th 2013, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Hi Curlu
The pay is also a huge concern to us. I applied and gained a psychology post but when I had all the information from the Ministry of Education the pay was much lower only 20 days holidays and 8 days sick pay. All of which led us to the decision that we would be financially worse off. In terms of holidays the quality of life would also not be as good. I loved the country when I visited recently but the costs associated with the move and the reduced pay and fewer holidays means that we have decided not to move for the foreseeable future. Oh and I can not see any way of fast tracking the psychology registration.

Last edited by saltypop; Feb 15th 2013 at 4:32 pm. Reason: Didn't finish message