PSS Fiasco

Old Oct 8th 2014, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

LozBeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PSS Fiasco

Hi Everyone

Just thought I'd update you on my move. Arrived in August with my wee one and bump to be followed shortly by our container shipment via Doree Bonner / NZ Van Lines - all good.

I sent an expensive consignment (large suitcase) separately with PSS prior to my departure as I realised I couldn't handle it in transit due to bump and small child.

I sent by freight as I had marine insurance in place and the items were not required until end of Sept when my baby was due so there was no immediate rush.

I received notification of the arrival of my belongings end of September and have since paid import duty to NZ Van Lines. As far as I was concerned I was just waiting for delivery. However I received a call from NZ Van Lines yesterday to inform me that my case was not within the consignment.

The lady was extremely apologetic and explained that the manifest issued by PSS was wrong and they had also delivered additional boxes not listed in addition to listing mine and not including it.

I emailed PSS immediately and waited up to call them last night. There was no apology or empathy just finger pointing back at NZ Van Lines. I was told they would contact NZ Van Lines and keep me informed. I did not receive a formal response to my email or any follow up calls, having explained I was keen to take calls throughout the night.

I contacted NZ Van Lines this morning and they advised PSS have not bothered to acknowledge their email notification either.

I am furious that PSS are acting so unprofessionally and hold them responsible for my lost property.

The monetary value is high but the emotional value far greater. All of my baby shower gifts and cards from home, doctors notes for my child and me, inland revenue docs, my child's first nursery records and baby's scan pictures and other irreplaceable artefacts I kept on my person but weren't practical to take in the one suitcase I could handle.

My OH says we're lucky we didn't use PSS for the main container. If they can't handle a manifest they shouldn't be trusted.

I've sent another email to PSS outlining my annoyance that they have done nothing to acknowledge my lost belongings and I will contact them again this evening.

I will keep the thread updated as members may want to re-think using this company if their customer service continues in this unprofessional and irresponsible manner.

I am currently stuck between a rock and a hard place where only NZ Van Lines are showing any kind of empathy while PSS are elusive.

Really don't need the stress with a three week and 18 month hold with a million things to do just so very upset.....

Last edited by LozBeth; Oct 8th 2014 at 3:09 am.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 5:08 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PSS Fiasco

sorry to hear this, hopefully it will be located and sent through to you quickly and you do receive an apology that you are entitled to
Old Oct 11th 2014, 2:46 am
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

That's sucks. Be aware nz vans have an awful reputation. I am currently having problems getting my items from them!
Old Oct 11th 2014, 8:38 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moving2NZ2013
Be aware nz vans have an awful reputation. I am currently having problems getting my items from them!

Really, they were very good and helpful with us. What problems you having?
Old Oct 12th 2014, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

I've found NZ Vans to be really helpful so far so I'm surprised too.

Last Tuesday they contacted me to tell me about my lost PSS consignment and have been in touch with me every day since. PSS however did not contact me at all, then following several phone calls and emails from myself, I have had one response to simply say they were carrying out a warehouse search and would get back to me when it's finalised.

That's it, no timescales and no sense of urgency, reassurance or apology. Absolutely no customer service or empathy. If this was my household container I would be beside myself right now.

It willbe 6-days tomorrow and PSS couldn't be more elusive if they tried.

NZ Van Lines are the only ones keeping me informed and sharing their correspondence with me between themselves and PSS. Ultimately I engaged with PSS not NZ Van Lines so they should be the ones taking ownership and communicating with me. Hats off to NZ Van Lines so far....
Old Oct 12th 2014, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

JaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond repute

Hi LozBeth sorry to hear about this! Sometimes the carrier from UK to NZ refuses to talk to anyone once stuff arrives. They like to blame the domestic carrier in NZ. Glad it never happened to us but I do know about some who had a problem similar to yours. Hope your belongings turn up very soon. Congratulations on the new addition.
Old Oct 12th 2014, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jane, wee one is keeping me more than occupied in the interim lol.
Old Oct 15th 2014, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Update: It took a week but I finally got to speak to someone at PSS, who apologied and assured me they are doing all they can to find my belongings. They were hoping it was in another container which hit Auckland this week, but found out from NZ Vans today it wasn't on there :-(

I just hope PSS don't let me down and keep me informed. So deeply frustrating....just find my belongings arghhhh!
Old Oct 15th 2014, 8:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

This is a bit odd to say the least. Containers need manifests and bills of lading. So , your suitcase must be on one of those. It would have been counted in so to speak.

I'd say to you trust neither PSS or While Van Lines. They are both culpable as both had the same paperwork.

You had the paperwork for this too. What route did it take.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 15th 2014 at 9:30 pm. Reason: spelling as always
Old Oct 15th 2014, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Bevs, it was on the manifest of the Wellington container but when the container was unloaded in an apparently 'secure area of the warehouse' my item wasn't there, however there were 7-boxes belonging to another customer that weren't on the manifest and should have gone to Auckland.

The manifest was therefore wrong so PSS are trying to find where they have sent it. It's not turned up in their warehouse search or in The Auckland container.

Just ill with worry due to the emotional content, I'm concerned that it's been stolen especially if it's hit a Port undeclared.

Absolute nightmare :'-(
Old Oct 15th 2014, 9:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

That is a nightmare.
It won't help at all, but you have a cyber {{hug}} from me. I really do hope they find it somewhere.
Old Oct 15th 2014, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Bevs :-) much welcomed hug.

Need to concentrate on my babies and stop moping! Easier said than done though.... Feel so guilty for losing their keepsakes.....