Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

proof of work experience

proof of work experience

Old Sep 4th 2009, 5:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Post proof of work experience

Having read a few posts on the subject, and getting some good advice - think I'm going to send copies of quals to nzqa.

Does anyone know if I also need to send proof of work experience and if I should also send copies to ewrb at this stage (I'm an industrial spark)

Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Jo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really nice
Default Re: proof of work experience

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
Having read a few posts on the subject, and getting some good advice - think I'm going to send copies of quals to nzqa.

Does anyone know if I also need to send proof of work experience and if I should also send copies to ewrb at this stage (I'm an industrial spark)

Thanks
Yes and yes, I sent in my EOI with out these (to impatient), I had 25 points deducted straight away, my EOI is held on retention until I get EWRB and NZQA completed, I am registering as a Line Mechanic.

EWRB has currently taken 8 weeks they have just emailed me to say results are in the post they will accept certified copies of your qualifications and work exp, get as many work refs as you can.

NZQA they will only accept original certificates and work refs, my pack is currently en route to NZQA, send as much proof of work experience as well, backed up with references.

Good Luck
Paul
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice

I've printed out a copy of the form for assessment and the information required on the work references looks OTT.

Were yours that detailed?

Anyone else have a comment?

Cheers
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

hi, hubby never had to do NZQA as his certificates were recognised by NZIS. but for the EWRB, he sent a very detailed account of exactly what his duties involved on a day-to-day basis, including some pictures of things he had designed and built. Also references from all his previouse employers. So I'd say put as much as you can.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:20 pm

Thanks Chris.

Spent the day today contacting all past employers asking for all relevant information so I can forward them with copies of my qualifications.