Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Proof of relationship

Proof of relationship

Old Jun 16th 2009, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

robc1985 will become famous soon enough
Default Proof of relationship

I have been with my girlfriend for a year and we want to emmigate to NZ. I'm clued up on the process and my skill is a LTSSL. I have wanted to move for a ages and we're both ready to sell our possesions and go. i'm 24 and Becky 19.

I know that you have to proove that you have been in a stable relationship for 12 months. Having looked at the offical NZ website for immigration it says photos count as evidence. We have god knows how many photos of us together. I mean hundreds! Problem though. We don't live together.

I am worried about wasting money on applying and them saying no. We need more evidence. We are now considering renting in Eng for a year just to prove we are stable.

Is this a bit serious or are we going to have to do this to prove to them we are stable.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
Old Jun 16th 2009, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of relationship

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...rtner+question

have a look thru this thread should help u

ours was approved
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:05 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Provide as much evidence as you can. You can use:

Invitations to weddings, parties, christenings, etc that show both your names
Photos of you both with others as such events - write on the back the date, the event, who is in the photo
Holdiay photos - again write on the back the date, the place, who is in the photo
Holiday booking forms with both your names
Holiday insurance documents with both your names
Joint gym/club memberships
Joint lease/credit agreements
Joint purchases
Probably the most important is relationship testomonies from family, work colleagues, friends - a letter stating who they are, their name and address, their relationship to you both, how long they've known you, how long you've been in a relationship with your partner, their opinion on whether you are in a stable relationship, etc.

NZIS wil want as much proof as possible that you are in a stable, ongoing relationship that will continue after emigration here so that they don't have one or both parties separating and reliant on NZ hand outs or wandering the country unaccounted for.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

kimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robc1985
I have been with my girlfriend for a year and we want to emmigate to NZ. I'm clued up on the process and my skill is a LTSSL. I have wanted to move for a ages and we're both ready to sell our possesions and go. i'm 24 and Becky 19.

Rob
Hey Rob

We had quite alot of trouble when we were trying to prove our relationship and we had been living together for 8 months. We sent in photos, letters and bills with both our names on, letters from family and friends. Immigration got back to us saying that it wasnt enough and said we needed more so we rooted through everything and sent in all photos we had of us (better if they have you two and others in them) and anything that had both our names on and eventually they accepted! Just dont rush into it though unless you know you have enough evidence. I would recommend you rent somewhere together first and get your names on everything you can.

Kim
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:50 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
If you are planning on applying under the skilled migrant category then you will have to have lived together for 12 months before your partner can be included on your application and be able to prove it. From NZIS:
What are the minimum requirements for including my partner in my application for residence?

A partner you are living with can be included in your application, and approved for residence, if:
• you have been living together in a genuine and stable partnership; and
• you have been living in the relationship for a minimum period of 12 months; and
you and your partner meet the minimum requirements for ‘recognition of a partnership’ which is that: •
• you are both aged 18 years or older at the time your application for residence is made, or if aged 16 or
17 years old, you have the support of your parent(s) or guardian(s); and
• you met prior to your application being made; and
• you are not close relatives (to see which close relationships do not meet partnership policy
requirements please refer to section f2.15(d) of (immigration new Zealand operational manual).
Alternatively you are both young enough to apply for Working Holiday Visas [I don't know much about these though] which may give you enough time to live together in NZ and then apply. Or you go for PR and she gets a WHV?
Or maybe you gain PR and can then sponsor her under the following?
Your partner is a New Zealand citizen or resident
You must show that you are living together with your partner in a genuine and stable relationship at the time the application is made. Your partner must:

be eligible to sponsor you for residence under our Partnership policy within 12 months of your intended date of arrival in New Zealand

meet the character requirement for partners supporting partnership-based temporary entry applications’

intend to be in New Zealand for the period you apply for in your application
provide a completed Form for partners supporting partnership based temporary entry applications (INZ 1146) PDF.
If you have been in this relationship for a year or more, we may grant you a work visa or permit that allows you to stay for up to a maximum of two years.

If you have been in this relationship for less than a year, initially we can only grant you a work visa or permit for up to 12 months. Once you are here, you can apply for further work permits for a total stay of up to two years from your arrival, if:

you and your partner want to stay longer in New Zealand and can show us that you are still in a genuine and stable relationship, or
you apply for residence as a partner.
Maybe BEVS will be along and she can help you more
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:02 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search as there are many threads on this subject...

What I'd say is (only my personal advise)... If you are genuine and can proove it then I'd give it a try (yes I know, how do you proove?). It kindda s*cks that you guys arent living together. But have you previously lived together? That did it for us. Perhaps, an overload of other evidences "could" compensate for not living together.

As someone told me on here before, NZIS is not here to break legitimate couples...
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

robc1985 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kimberleyclarke2
Hey Rob

We had quite alot of trouble when we were trying to prove our relationship and we had been living together for 8 months. We sent in photos, letters and bills with both our names on, letters from family and friends. Immigration got back to us saying that it wasnt enough and said we needed more so we rooted through everything and sent in all photos we had of us (better if they have you two and others in them) and anything that had both our names on and eventually they accepted! Just dont rush into it though unless you know you have enough evidence. I would recommend you rent somewhere together first and get your names on everything you can.

Kim
We have decided that we are going to rent a place here in Leeds for at least a year first. At the end of the day we are both young (i'm 24 and older than Becky ) so we have plenty of time to plan for the future. One day it'll happen. Just not now. Soon though!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:59 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

This is an option too!

Please do not assume that one year living together will be enough proof. Keep pilling up any other evidences...

Good luck!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by robc1985
We have decided that we are going to rent a place here in Leeds for at least a year first. At the end of the day we are both young (i'm 24 and older than Becky ) so we have plenty of time to plan for the future. One day it'll happen. Just not now. Soon though!

You can come to NZ under the WHV, each applying seperately anytime before your 30. If you still have enough points you can apply for residency whilst you are in NZ. That way you can say live together in the uk for 6 months, move to NZ under the WHV, live here for 6 months, apply here...

but if your in no real hurry living together in the uk for a year is a good option too...
Old Jun 19th 2009, 6:43 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

My first thought was a WHV as well. You would be young enough to apply, there's nothing stopping you applying for a different visa later on. You would have lived together for a longer period of time etc.