Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Proof of funds for working holiday visa

Proof of funds for working holiday visa

Old Aug 9th 2013, 9:35 am
Just Joined

carlymac is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Proof of funds for working holiday visa

Can anybody confirm how and when you show proof of enough funds to support yourself on a years working holiday visa. What is the exact amount? And also does the cost of a flight home need to be included in this or shown sepereatley?
I'm just slightly confused as I've been told to print out a bank statement but then I've also heard that you don't need to show anything until you go to the embassy.
Thanks in advance :-) sorry If I've posted this in the wrong place I'm new lol
Old Aug 9th 2013, 10:05 am
Account Closed

MrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to all
Default Re: Proof of funds for working holiday visa

I had to send my bank statement with my application although that was many moons ago, I now have a Bunac Work Visa and they too asked for proof of funds , i sent my bank and savings statements to them and they have issued me a visa stating i do not have to show proof of funds or an onward flight (could be just lucky)

I think when you enter NZ the immigration people may ask to see your onward ticket - I know when i went on my work visa i carried bank statements with me just in case also.

Best

Sarah
Old Aug 9th 2013, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

ChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really nice
Default Re: Proof of funds for working holiday visa

I just took a receipt from my new BNZ account showing the initial deposit I made (I had to ask them to email it to me and they wouldn't send a proper statement) through immigration with me, but they didn't ask for it. For your return ticket again they didn't ask for it, but either take the itinerary with you or if you haven't booked it yet make sure your bank balance looks healthy enough to get a one-way ticket back to the UK (probably on top of the minimum bank balance for the visa, I guess). All I got asked for at immigration was my printed visa, and 5 seconds later I was in the country with a cheery 'welcome to New Zealand' in my ears.

The amount for proof of funds is $350 for every month your visa is for so $4200 for 12 months. See here for all conditions etc.: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...idayscheme.htm