Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

As promised, a pic of black snow...

As promised, a pic of black snow...

Old Mar 13th 2007, 1:45 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default As promised, a pic of black snow...

Sorry it's so tiny, it's sized for my blog. That's my daughter infront of it, she's 5 1/2. Black snow. Another thing to add to the list of things I'll not miss.
Attached Thumbnails As promised, a pic of black snow...-black_snow1.jpg  
Old Mar 13th 2007, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: As promised, a pic of black snow...

Yuck... see what you mean!!

I dont miss snow at all... I can totally live without it. We dont get snow in Auckland and although I cant see us living in AKL forever we've agreed we dont want to move anywhere that gets snow and ice.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:25 am
WAS bored stiff in USA

cyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud of

Ooh! I remember black snow so well. The only time we had mountains in Nebraska, usually in Walmart's car park.

Oh how I miss all this stuff.......... yeah right!!!!!!!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:30 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Did someone say "Walmart's car park"?

Complete with shopping trolley on the top left of the pile, allow me to present one extremely happy daughter who thought this was the biggest laugh she'd had all year

And more!

She was waving - this was THE coolest thing to do on a Saturday afternoon on the way to do the grocery shopping, I still can't fathom how excited she was!

Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:35 am
Maz

Let's just round off the set...

To me, this just looks like a big pile of poo.

Oh OK... I'll spoil you, here are the last 4...

Old Mar 13th 2007, 5:16 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a heap of coal slag doesn't it
Old Mar 13th 2007, 5:31 am
Maz

Originally Posted by sky
Looks like a heap of coal slag doesn't it
Utterly disgusting isn't it? There was actually a small water-filled gulley behind the shot where my daughter was infront of the black snow pile with the shopping trolley in it. Two snow piles had started melting a bunch and had created a small water hazard.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:47 pm
WAS bored stiff in USA

cyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud of

Hey Maz, showed the pics to hubby & son last night. The first words out of my hubby's mouth were " Oh the snow mountains in Walmarts parking lot ha ha ha!" Then he went on to ask which member of the family had e-mailed them. It didn't take long to twig on that he thought they were of Grand Island in Ne. I had to laugh at that & said no these are in the Chicago area somewhere.

I've always thought these strip malls in the States looked alike no matter where you were & he just proved me right. There's a definite lack of greenery around isn't there?
Old Mar 14th 2007, 1:07 am
Maz

Originally Posted by cyndi
Hey Maz, showed the pics to hubby & son last night. The first words out of my hubby's mouth were " Oh the snow mountains in Walmarts parking lot ha ha ha!" Then he went on to ask which member of the family had e-mailed them. It didn't take long to twig on that he thought they were of Grand Island in Ne. I had to laugh at that & said no these are in the Chicago area somewhere.

I've always thought these strip malls in the States looked alike no matter where you were & he just proved me right. There's a definite lack of greenery around isn't there?
Lack of greenery... that's putting it nicely. They build everything up so quickly and without regard for any sense of community, they forget about foliage. *sigh* And yes, all strip malls look alike. Hate the things with a passion!

That's too funny that your hubby thought they were from where you lived.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:02 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

That reminds of our time living in Indianapolis... big piles of dirty snow in all the car parks that never seems to totally melt till about May.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 4:01 am
Maz

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
That reminds of our time living in Indianapolis... big piles of dirty snow in all the car parks that never seems to totally melt till about May.
Aah yes it would remind you of that! Well, we had 72F/22C yesterday and now we're expecting snow again tomorrow in the Chi-town 'burbs. I f***ing hate this weather!!!