Reload this Page >

Project Manager Jobs in IT.

Project Manager Jobs in IT.

Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

RobBri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Project Manager Jobs in IT.

Hi All,

My partner and I are currently in the process of applying for permanent residency in NZ. I have been reading this web site with interest, and doing various other research on the web. We are applying through the skilled migration route, and both work in the IT industry as project managers, which is currently on the skill shortage list.

We have a good joint income per year £100k+ and both intend to keep working when we move to NZ. We have visited NZ on various occasions, and feel now a move to NZ would be beneficial from a life style point of view, and is something we have been considered for a few years.

I have read various comment on wages, and working conditions, and wondered if there are any people on here who work for IT or high tech companies and could comment on the wages, working conditions etc.

We have seen many project management type job in Wellington that pay $100k+ and wondered if anyone has experience of the job conditions, and pay in high tech companies. Can we expect the same type of working environment as we have had in the UK? Are the advertised wages actually being paid? What are the holidays and benefits from large corporate like in NZ?

We already have a good standard of living in the UK and want to be sure we are not going to adversely affect this by a move to NZ. We don’t expect to earn $ to £ the same amount of money but feel earning around NZ$100k each would give us a good comparable life in NZ.
From a financial perspective we would both like to continue to earn good money, and also have all the other benefits NZ has to offer.

Once we are further down the immigration process we will be applying for job before we move, but would appreciate any advice or experiences from people.

Thanks,

Rob.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Project Manager Jobs in IT.

[QUOTE=RobBri]Hi All,

I have read various comment on wages, and working conditions, and wondered if there are any people on here who work for IT or high tech companies and could comment on the wages, working conditions etc.

We have seen many project management type job in Wellington that pay $100k+ and wondered if anyone has experience of the job conditions, and pay in high tech companies. Can we expect the same type of working environment as we have had in the UK? Are the advertised wages actually being paid? What are the holidays and benefits from large corporate like in NZ?

Hi,
my husband worked as an IT contractor in Wellington and the salary you are talking about for a perm job would be possible. We only had one wage of around $120,000-$140,000 (dep on year and overtime). We enjoyed a good lifestyle, kids private schools and overseas trips. A joint income of $200,000 would give you a very good standard of living.

Have a look at www.seek.co.nz they seem to have quite a few jobs at the moment and are the main agency for BNZ.
Cheers
KAZ