Processing times

Old Feb 10th 2006, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road
Default Processing times

Has anyone else noticed that in the last two weeks the London office has only advanced working on paperwork received? I tell you that it is driving me crazy. We are planning on moving in July, and putting the house up for sale in a few weeks. We were hoping that in about 3 to 5 weeks that they woudl get to us. As I am five months away, I am only just starting to get started on the job search. You would think that with the break from regular EOI draws that they would have caught up. Our ITA was sent in on 24 November.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 11:49 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Processing times

Originally Posted by CWEMM02
Has anyone else noticed that in the last two weeks the London office has only advanced working on paperwork received? I tell you that it is driving me crazy. We are planning on moving in July, and putting the house up for sale in a few weeks. We were hoping that in about 3 to 5 weeks that they woudl get to us. As I am five months away, I am only just starting to get started on the job search. You would think that with the break from regular EOI draws that they would have caught up. Our ITA was sent in on 24 November.

We sent our ITA in on 30th Dec 05 got approved in pricipal by 4th Jan and our passports back on 26th Jan, in my experience with them I found them to be very efficient.

We fly out to NZ on Wednesday, maybe things went quicker for us because of my job offer in a listed trade, have you sent them an email to see how it is geting on?

I will give u a little Karma, it may help ease things a little

Andy
Old Feb 10th 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Our ITA was sent on the same day as yours, and we've heard nothing. Our house sold much quicker than expected, it was bought by the first couple that came along. We've now been living out of suitcases at in laws since early December. We're just waiting for immigration then we'll be off. Have you heard anything at all, like has yours been allocated an office yet, We've heard nothing.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:20 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Boopy
Our ITA was sent on the same day as yours, and we've heard nothing. Our house sold much quicker than expected, it was bought by the first couple that came along. We've now been living out of suitcases at in laws since early December. We're just waiting for immigration then we'll be off. Have you heard anything at all, like has yours been allocated an office yet, We've heard nothing.
Hi Boopy, CWE,

Have you had a peek at the part of NZIS site where it gives you processing times for London?

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ssingtimes.htm

Seems they are moving a bit slow: on Feb 10th, they had only allocated Case Officers for ITAs received up to Nov 3rd 2005.

Jen

ps: Andy, good luck with your move and see you in Auckland
Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the Karma, I hope it helps the wait.

Duke, you must have had a job offer.

The estate agent was in and it looks like we might expect 10,000 more for the house than we expected. We learned that we can put a condition on the listing such as conditional on relocation. That way, if we do sell, and the visa is not approved, then we don't have to get out of the house. However, we aren't listing it for about three weeks and by then the NZIS London office should hopefully be getting ready to contact us. The website states that they assign the file in four months, perhaps they are stretching it out.

I keep watching the London NZIS processing times. It goes so slow.

This week I am going to start in earnest looking for an job. I don't plan on being down there until July, so it may take a bit.

Boopy, you must email me as soon as you get some contact.

If you are interested, the NZIS posts statistics on their site. You can see the applications on hand by month in London and other locations. They had quite a few each month last fall and I think that is why it is taking so long.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 10:00 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CWEMM02
Thanks for the Karma, I hope it helps the wait.

Duke, you must have had a job offer.

The estate agent was in and it looks like we might expect 10,000 more for the house than we expected. We learned that we can put a condition on the listing such as conditional on relocation. That way, if we do sell, and the visa is not approved, then we don't have to get out of the house. However, we aren't listing it for about three weeks and by then the NZIS London office should hopefully be getting ready to contact us. The website states that they assign the file in four months, perhaps they are stretching it out.

I keep watching the London NZIS processing times. It goes so slow.

This week I am going to start in earnest looking for an job. I don't plan on being down there until July, so it may take a bit.

Boopy, you must email me as soon as you get some contact.

If you are interested, the NZIS posts statistics on their site. You can see the applications on hand by month in London and other locations. They had quite a few each month last fall and I think that is why it is taking so long.
Yes I do have a job offer, didn't realise that made such a huge difference

Anyway good news on the house, contract and price, maybe by July it may have gone up another 10k.

Thanks Urb see you in Auckland this week :scared:
Old Feb 12th 2006, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Urban P

Cheers for the info.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

CWE

Will do, and will you let me know when you hear anything. We were hoping to be over there within the next two months.