Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Problems getting an IRD number?

Problems getting an IRD number?

Old Apr 7th 2006, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

marcimai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problems getting an IRD number?

Hi, just wondered if anyone else has had a problem getting an IRD number from the Inland Revenue. I've printed off the application form IR595 from the website, and sent to the non-resident centre in Dunedin as instructed (with relevant ID)- then nothing. My OH has received his OK, but I've sent mine 5 times!! I'm starting to get paranoid!! I've even written to them but no reply. God, I was hoping this type of thing would be more efficient than the UK, we haven't even got there yet!! I need this to give to my employer.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problems getting an IRD number?

Originally Posted by marcimai
Hi, just wondered if anyone else has had a problem getting an IRD number from the Inland Revenue. I've printed off the application form IR595 from the website, and sent to the non-resident centre in Dunedin as instructed (with relevant ID)- then nothing. My OH has received his OK, but I've sent mine 5 times!! I'm starting to get paranoid!! I've even written to them but no reply. God, I was hoping this type of thing would be more efficient than the UK, we haven't even got there yet!! I need this to give to my employer.
Sorry I can't help. You actually answered one of my questions as to whether or not I could get a number before I came. Does one need a job first, or can I get one anyway so that I am ready for when I do have a job?
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by marcimai
I've always found them extremely good to deal with by phone. When I've rung the Dunedin office direct (use the number given for overseas people) the phone is usually answered within two rings. Call first thing in the morning if you can, less likely to be queues. Opoeing hours and phone number are on their website.
Old Apr 8th 2006, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

You will also need IRD numbers for your children if you are opening bank accounts for them.
We applied for our IRD numbers {Rob and I} before we left the UK and used the address of the Auckland based nursing agency we were using, so they were their when we arrived.
Applied directly here in person for the ones for the kids and they arrived in a couple of days.

Gill
Old Apr 8th 2006, 9:13 am
Just Joined

marcimai is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine finally arrived this morning! Took over two months so allow plenty of time.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

nz100 will become famous soon enough

Just ring them: 0064 4801 9973