Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Problem with Auckland house movers.

Problem with Auckland house movers.

Old Nov 4th 2009, 2:40 am
Just Joined

Smiler68 is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with Auckland house movers.

We had the unfortunate experience of using <snip> ( a removal company) to move our house in Auckland, <snip> The truck was big enough but left white marks on out leather sofa and on a wooden chest of draws, which we can't shift. As for "nice strong men", they started by damaging the inside wall of our last house by putting the leg of the sofa through it, then damaged the wall in our new property by putting a metal leg through it.

The main guy lifted our dining room table from the van, up a flight of stairs and navigated though the house by himself, later we had found that he had stuffed the table damaging the corner of the table.

Initially <snip> ( the company) refused to accept damage, but when they sent an inspector out, they offered a measly $75 compensation for a $600 damaged table.

If you want a good removal firm, please don't get these guys or your house and furniture will be wrecked and they offer no insurance or compensation.

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 4th 2009 at 8:01 pm. Reason: BE is not a vehicle to name and shame
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:17 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem with Auckland house movers.

Hi there Smiler68. Long time no see.

I'm sorry to read that you feel you've had poor service from the removal company you hired to shift house in Auckland.

As you will see, I have removed the name of the company from your post. Regular posters do sometimes share their experiences of companies, which is fine, however BE shouldn't be used as a platform simply just to log-in to name and shame when something goes wrong.

Hopefully, you will be able to gain further compensation for the damage . Take it further with the company concerned or consider a small claim.

Hope you understand. PM me if you wish and I look forward to seeing you around the NZ forum after your long 10 month break from us all.

If anyone else wishes to have further details of Smiler68's experience, please feel free to take it to PM.

Thank you