Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Prison Staff Here we go again LOL

Prison Staff Here we go again LOL

Old May 14th 2006, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Prison Staff Here we go again LOL

Originally Posted by sky
The kiwis still have trouble with my accent, Im from Leeds.
I understand them all perfectly but they really have trouble with my accent sometimes.
I gave up going through drive through Mc D's etc cos they just don't understand a word at all lol. Also when I ask for four of something I usually end up with five of it ......... no idea why! the kiwi five must sound like my yorkshire four
lmao o dear should be fun
Old May 14th 2006, 9:38 am
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice

Dont Fly Air New Zealand though.
Attached Thumbnails Prison Staff Here we go again LOL-pilots.jpg  
Old May 14th 2006, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lenny the Lion
Dont Fly Air New Zealand though.

ha i'l stick with singapore lol
Old May 14th 2006, 9:54 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 14th 2006, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

royalsfans is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MV5555
Well the time is almost upon me, Ive attended all the leaving bashes been stripped naked in the prison sports hall, got dragged to a family surprise party last night. Loads of tears ect ect I'm sure you know the format.

Monday sign on the dotted line to release the house on Friday, Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday packers in, Officialy homeless Friday so slumming it over the weekend at friends.

Fly out Monday with alot of fears, will we be fine will we be able to afford it will this will that. After reading alot of negative posts i think thats a natural feeling to have, but as i am quite a positive person i hope that in time me and my family will be able to over come some difficulties.
I,m certainly not going to NZ with some great rose tinted glasses and im certainly not going with a bucket full of money. I expect a full blown culture shock.

My intentions are to give a full open and honest assessment of my experiences with regards to helping other prison staff taking the plunge. I may be brutialy honest sometimes, but one thing you can be assured of and people who know me know i remain positive and with endevure to make a new life for me and my family work.

I quick shout out to Nigel and his family i hope you are all well and are coping ok. Lenny i been reading you posts with great interest and i know how much you want your new life to work , hang in there....

My family are coming out with me for only a short time they are returning to the UK so the kids can finish the school year and OH can tie up loose ends they will rejoin me mid August when i return to Hamilton after training in Wellington. Anyone wanting to meet for a drink with a down to earth Yorkshire lad your more than welcome to grab me and i will jump at the chance of a beer

Well thats it for now i might post again b4 i fly but if not i will try to update this thread a couple of times a week

Mark
cant wish you and your family enough luck, you sound really possitive so im sure it will all be fine and dandy for you.
I will be looking out for your messages to see how your getting on .......... you lucky so & so , wish we were that close to leaving !!!!

All the best dudes !!!
Old May 14th 2006, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by royalsfans
cant wish you and your family enough luck, you sound really possitive so im sure it will all be fine and dandy for you.
I will be looking out for your messages to see how your getting on .......... you lucky so & so , wish we were that close to leaving !!!!

All the best dudes !!!

cheers bud
Old May 14th 2006, 3:42 pm
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

Hey Mark,
One of the best. You're already missed and you were mentioned a few times at the club last night (whats this about thong wearing in the gym?)

You're an optimistic, happy go lucky achiever and will succeed. Now that you've pointed out you're from Yorkshire I can suddenly understand some of the things you said to me. I hope my inane grinning and dumb nodding of the head during conversations was ok.....

Take care bud.

Did someone say alarm bell sportshall 1??
Old May 14th 2006, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Den13
Hey Mark,
One of the best. You're already missed and you were mentioned a few times at the club last night (whats this about thong wearing in the gym?)

You're an optimistic, happy go lucky achiever and will succeed. Now that you've pointed out you're from Yorkshire I can suddenly understand some of the things you said to me. I hope my inane grinning and dumb nodding of the head during conversations was ok.....

Take care bud.

Did someone say alarm bell sportshall 1??
Hey Hey bud last thing i would have wanted was an alarm bell sports hall one lol was enough that a PO made himself scarce when he figured what was going down ...............Any way good luck to you too the service is at a loss without you around.
the place would be a great place to work if there were more managers like yourself

good luck mate will keep in touch
Old May 15th 2006, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Awww. probably missed you, but just in case you're still around.............GOOD LUCK I'm sure you'll do fine here and will love the country, especially with your positive attitude and yorkshire humour!
Old May 15th 2006, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Winnie
Awww. probably missed you, but just in case you're still around.............GOOD LUCK I'm sure you'll do fine here and will love the country, especially with your positive attitude and yorkshire humour!

Hi winnie no not missed me yet its next monday this week packers and stuff just starting to jet wash the bikes and hiking boots got jyes fluid to clean out the dyson lol
Old May 15th 2006, 12:13 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. I don't 'know' you from a bar of soap but the very best of luck. It's a great place NZ - ups and downs, ins and outs, like anywhere but 'better'. I'm sorry for the people who have made a mistake coming here but there's no 'one size fits all' place in the world and NZ is no different.

BUT. My husband's eyes were shining the other night in a way I've never seen before, in 12 years of knowing him. I was checking that it wasn't the light but no.. his eyes were shining because he's so happy. Man, you just can't buy that He's a Kiwi but was away for nearly 13 years and had become 'Europeised' and he found it difficult to settle back here. We'll be here a year in June and it's only in the last couple of months that he's finally acclimatised. Now, it's all good
Old May 15th 2006, 1:00 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

It is good when you breath the air and it's so sharp and clear and you look up at the sky and you see depth in the night sky that you have never ever, ever in your life seen before. It feels good to be in the Southern hemisphere!
My youngest took me out to look at the stars the other night and honestly, I was wowing and he was too
Old May 15th 2006, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes for you and your family MV5555.
Old May 15th 2006, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by planty
Best wishes for you and your family MV5555.

Thankyou to you all.......................stand by
Old May 15th 2006, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by K9s
From one good screw to another all the very best wishes and good luck.......you'll need it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You fly out on Monday and I return good luck at the prison college it's grim and so boring you will be eating your own lip but it's only for 6 weeks
I really hope NZ is for you because I would not wish what we are going through on anybody, to return to the UK with nothing and having lost jobs, cars, money e.t.c is not much fun

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

K9
Sorry K9 couldn't remember if you was a UK prison officer who went out to NZ this year? There's been many of them and also why are you returning home?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.