Prison Service

Old May 25th 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

frattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura about
Default Prison Service

Can anyone give me any info on the Prison Service please? I understand they are crying out for Corrections Officers. I am ex Army and work in Health and Safety, have Dog Handler training etc etc and am looking at the Wellington Area. I have checked the Corrections Website but there doesnt seem to be any positions there? Does anyone have a contact number at all please?

Or does anyone have any contact numbers for the ports around Wellington as I am working on the docks at the moment.

Cheers
Trev
Old May 25th 2007, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

penny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prison Service

You could try the National Offender Management Service website in this country - they might have some contacts - either that or New Zealand House in the Haymarket, London. Other companies that might have work abroad are SERCO and Global Solutions. Both have websites.

PJ
Old May 25th 2007, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

frattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for this I will look at these
Trev
Old May 26th 2007, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frattonlad
Thanks for this I will look at these
Trev

Hi Tervor, look at www.careers.govt.nz

Search on the home page for 'corrections officer'.......should be of some use to you. I understand they have just had a huge pay increase. Alas the service is somewhat under scrutiny at present due to some bad calls and piss poor publicity...still they seem to be keen to get over this latest string of PR gaffs. Good luck mate.

Would not put me off joining!!!
Old May 26th 2007, 12:24 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Hi Tervor, look at www.careers.govt.nz

Search on the home page for 'corrections officer'.......should be of some use to you. I understand they have just had a huge pay increase. Alas the service is somewhat under scrutiny at present due to some bad calls and piss poor publicity...still they seem to be keen to get over this latest string of PR gaffs. Good luck mate.

Would not put me off joining!!!
I've never heard 'being found to be corrupt' called a PR gaffe before. They've only been given a pay rise to try to stop them selling drugs to the prisoners.
Old May 26th 2007, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
I've never heard 'being found to be corrupt' called a PR gaffe before. They've only been given a pay rise to try to stop them selling drugs to the prisoners.
I was trying to be generous, to enthuse the lad rather than dispirit him.

Avid, do you see positive in ought (apart from penguins)?
Old May 26th 2007, 12:59 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

I was trying to be generous, to enthuse the lad rather than dispirit him.

Avid, do you see positive in ought (apart from penguins)?
oh...I'll think you'll find I've been enthusing the lad as well.
Old May 26th 2007, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Cheers again
Old May 26th 2007, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

oh...I'll think you'll find I've been enthusing the lad as well.
Marvelous and thank you.......and with respect to the question on positivity?
Old May 26th 2007, 1:35 am

Marvelous and thank you.......and with respect to the question on positivity?
Seals are quite nice...but the smell takes some getting used to..
Old May 26th 2007, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Seals are quite nice...but the smell takes some getting used to..
Seals, penguins? To what porpoise might I ask? Titter, titter.

A tsunami of aquatic puns is on the tip of my index finger....don't worry I will ensure there is no connectivity to the key board.
Old May 26th 2007, 5:12 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you are referring to the few that have been found guilty and not the majority of hard working prison officers that keep the scum off the streets to keep you safe....
Old May 26th 2007, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

ssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to all

I think that you will find most prison staff do a very difficult job with at times very limited equipment and as you can already see very limited support from the people that it tries to keep safe.
As with most employment there will always be those that choose to take advantage of any situation that they find of materialistic or monitory advantage to them.
If you are serious about joining, you may wish to contact:
[email protected] he is the main recruitment advisor for the South Island at the moment but im sure he will have the information that you require. If you would like more info on the prison pm me with your Email and i will get back to you.

All the best

Jeff
Old May 26th 2007, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
I hope you are referring to the few that have been found guilty and not the majority of hard working prison officers that keep the scum off the streets to keep you safe....
Few bad apples?...Tip of the iceberg?....Who can honestly say?

God...I hate getting into arguments with the prison warders on these sites....it always ends up with thinly veiled threats and everybody typing in CAPS.
Old May 26th 2007, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

ssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to all

Few bad apples?...Tip of the iceberg?....Who can honestly say?

God...I hate getting into arguments with the prison warders on these sites....it always ends up with thinly veiled threats and everybody typing in CAPS.
Don't worry, we won't take your threats seriously, we are use to them on a daily basis by the real deals and i think you will find that the term warder is a throw back from the film McVicar and the new term is Corrections Officer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.