Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A Prison Officers view of NZ!!

A Prison Officers view of NZ!!

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:21 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Prison Officers view of NZ!!

Originally Posted by Den13
Hi Sky,

Without prejudice I thank you for your posts. I'm sorry this has degenerated into what looks like senior members versus new members, but as much as you are entitled to your views, so are others. You've had a rough time and you're still there - whether thats through choice or fate I don't know.

So you're not having a great time. Cast your mind back to when you were waiting to go....remember how excited you were and all your hopes and dreams. Well,thats where a lot of us are now. We except the initial wage is shite and it's thanks to people like you that we know that. We're also not a generally naive bunch - we do one of the toughest jobs you could choose to do. We deal with the crap of the universe - all the people you want off your street or away from your town are the people we deal with every day. While joe soap is wondering when to have his next cuppa, we're wondering how to do a cell search on a 6 foot gang member who we know is tooled up. And the only weapon we're given is the one full of teeth just under our nose...if you can't talk to the fella in a manner he understands then you'd better have a spare shirt in your locker coz the one your wearing will be in tatters within a few minutes.

I respect you and everyone else here. Sugo is right in that this site has a rep for moaning, well the only people that can change that is us. So everyone, please let people have hopes and dreams coz without them life just ain't worth it!!! Yep, it's gonna get messy.....but our eyes are wide open.

Friends???

Well said Pinkie!!!!!
Great post Den. Agree entirely. Carmen.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Don't worry K9, I sent him some for such a great post...you can send me some if you like!!!...
Me, me how's dooling our the Karma!!
KAZ
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Robbo's is an unknown quantity at this point

she must be a joy to live with. Yeah you all know who i'm talking about. Miss doom and gloom.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo's
she must be a joy to live with. Yeah you all know who i'm talking about. Miss doom and gloom.

Yeah well! Miss Doom is sleeping, so make sun while the sun shines. I'm still waiting for somebody anybody to give me some lovely, precious Karma.
Very good information about NZ on return for good Karma. I may even tell you how hairy Tana's legs are after a closer look before the game on Sat.
Cheers
KAZ
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 8:14 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

I am off to the game on saturday. dont know who to cheer for. born in scotland and now moving to nz.....

hard call.... :scared:
Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:40 am

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
I am off to the game on saturday. dont know who to cheer for. born in scotland and now moving to nz.....

hard call.... :scared:
I think you know who you will be cheering and singing for. Trust me when you move to NZ you will become more patriotic than you could ever imagine.

Not much into Rugby (dont understand it) but will watch it anyhow... even though the Scots will get humped haha

ps snow forecast for today
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:01 pm
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

Originally Posted by scottish
I think you know who you will be cheering and singing for. Trust me when you move to NZ you will become more patriotic than you could ever imagine.

Not much into Rugby (dont understand it) but will watch it anyhow... even though the Scots will get humped haha

ps snow forecast for today
I was at the Millenium Stadium for the Wales game......The Welsh know how to put on a show. The Treorchy Male voice Choir, poetry and images of Welsh try scoring over the screens and PA. The Anthem blaring out and The Haka greeted like a lost friend. I was in tears and the Kiwis next to me were having a Whale of a time....before the kick off, I hasten to add. Although the tears did continue after the whistle....

Great occassion with a fair result.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:40 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Have to admit when they all start singing "flower of scotland" thats it for me... gets me every time. Forecast for the weekend is northerly winds, bloody freezing and possible wind (and I dont mean teh kind when the scots shite themselves haha)

Is it just me or do you think the a bunch of guys trying to look scary doign the haka look like a bunch of nancy boys lol (sorry If I offended Kaz and the likes)
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

Hello Again
Old Nov 25th 2005, 1:25 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugo
As for Sky she is far too negative, be real, yeah i respect her opinion but she shoves it down your throat and seems to be the first to make some personal comment to bash the poster. I do feel for her in that its sad to live a life where you produce so much negative feeling, and thus negative responses. Yeah read her posts, but also look at the really positive posts too, and find some balane.

Sugo You're a single guy living in NZ and life will be good
Old Nov 25th 2005, 1:27 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K9s
Or perhaps we will not want to post on here because we will be to busy enjoying our LIFE

K9
K9's You're not even here yet

Edited cos forgot to say you won't be out busy enjoying yourself on you're wage you'll be at work doing any overtime you can get

Last edited by sky; Nov 25th 2005 at 1:31 am.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 1:28 am
sky
Banned

[QUOTE=Beef Wellington]Well, this will probably be my last post.
Good luck to you all, it will be hard but if you believe in yourself anything is possible.
QUOTE]

You're not here yet either

I don't think anything is possible if you don't have a living income.

Last edited by sky; Nov 25th 2005 at 1:33 am.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 1:48 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
Miss Doom is sleepingKAZ
Some truce eh?
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Robbo's is an unknown quantity at this point

WE'RE ALL DOOMED
Originally Posted by sky
Some truce eh?
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:07 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has gone way off topic.....lets give it a rest and send it to bed