A Prison officers view of New Zealand part 2

A Prison officers view of New Zealand part 2

Old Nov 26th 2005, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

UNIONJACK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Prison officers view of New Zealand part 2

Originally Posted by ranbysue
Dear UnionJack

I apologise for my reply as from your comments it appeared to be rather against the UK PO's.

Good luck in NZ and I hope the service will pay a bit more money. Maybe in the long term the UK officers will make big changes in the service over there. (Maybe in our dreams).

Hope we are still friends
No problem I hope it works out for us all and I hope the prison service look after us. But we must also consider what to do if we are struggling financially. If there are other jobs which offer better pay and conditions I would consider them. Whatever puts the food on the table and gives me quality time with the family is what counts.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UNIONJACK
You are right it is our choice to go, and I could have moved over for less money but decided to take furniture etc. I hope it all works out for us with the prison service if not I am a fully qualified electrician so I do have a trade to fall back on. We hope to fully intergrate and contribute to NZ society in whatever job I end up doing.

Might be a good idea to start a thread about working as an electrician in NZ. I'm not sure what hoops you have to jump through to get registered here, but I'm sure we've had a few trades people on this forum who have had loads of trouble getting registered.

Cheers and good luck with it all.

Gill
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:37 am
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice

Hello eveyone,
I have only just found this forum and would just like to introduce myself. I am also going to NZ (Wellington Region) in Feb 2006 as part of the PPS recruitment drive although how long I stay in the job on THAT money is debatable. I have other options for employment, but I will see how easy the promotion ladder is to climb before I make any major decisions on that score. I am also lucky that my OH is easily employed in her profession anywhere in the world so we have many plan B`s if eveything goes tits up. Also, we will be very fortunate not to have a mortgage to worry about. So all in all we are very excited about our forthcoming adventure even though the nerves are beginning to jangle just a bit now.
Good to see both the so-called Neg and Pos posts and both have given us an insight of what to expect.
By the way the (avatar) is a clue to my real identity and just a clue for a person on this thread who told me about this forum ages ago but like I said I have only just found it.