Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Prison Officer UK seeks NZ

Prison Officer UK seeks NZ

Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:50 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 29
Rachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation Prison Officer UK seeks NZ

Hi,
Any advice will be appreciated. My partner is a Prison Officer within HM Prison Service and has been for 3 yrs. He is due to take his PTI course this year which will gain him more qualifications. Previous to this he was a personal trainer in fitness industry.

I have been in (general admin/ Account management) currently Commercial Executive for football team though only for a short time.

We have a 2 and half year old daughter also if that makes any differences?

Does anyone have any suggestions how we can approach this? or is it just a case of applying direct to the prisons in the hope of sponsorship?


Any help is welcomed.
Thanks x
Rachel-UK is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:58 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
helinuk's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: latitude 37
Posts: 2,389
helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prison Officer UK seeks NZ

Originally Posted by Rachel-UK View Post
Hi,
Any advice will be appreciated. My partner is a Prison Officer within HM Prison Service and has been for 3 yrs. He is due to take his PTI course this year which will gain him more qualifications. Previous to this he was a personal trainer in fitness industry.

I have been in (general admin/ Account management) currently Commercial Executive for football team though only for a short time.

We have a 2 and half year old daughter also if that makes any differences?

Does anyone have any suggestions how we can approach this? or is it just a case of applying direct to the prisons in the hope of sponsorship?


Any help is welcomed.
Thanks x
There are several P.O.s here, try sending a PM to 'puppypower' who moved from a UK prison to Dunedin last year.
helinuk is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:08 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 29
Rachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Prison Officer UK seeks NZ

Hi

Thanks for that though i'm new to this, how do i do that!? sorry to be a pain
Rachel-UK is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:13 pm
  #4  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 548
Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prison Officer UK seeks NZ

You could scroll up to members list and find puppypower
Yotty is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:18 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 29
Rachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Prison Officer UK seeks NZ

Thanks Yotty! all this modern technology at this time of night is proving a little difficult! but worked it how, don't ask me how i did it!
Rachel-UK is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:18 pm
  #6  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 548
Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prison Officer UK seeks NZ

Yotty is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:24 pm
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,038
Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some links for you............

Hey Rachel-UK

This little chestnut has been asked before.

I've done a search for you and found the following links, just click on the link to be taken there.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...prison+service

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...prison+service

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...prison+service

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...prison+service

May help, but then again...............

NG
Nice Guy is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2008, 11:17 pm
  #8  
Somewhere
 
BEVS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Below
Posts: 34,872
BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prison Officer UK seeks NZ

Hi Rachel.
Just wanted to welcome you to this forum and bung you some newbie karma.
Hopefully the Correction Officers will be along soon. If not, wake 'em up with a PM.
BEVS is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:36 pm
  #9  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 29
Rachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Some links for you............

Originally Posted by Nice Guy View Post
Hey Rachel-UK

This little chestnut has been asked before.

I've done a search for you and found the following links, just click on the link to be taken there.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...prison+service

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...prison+service

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...prison+service

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...prison+service

May help, but then again...............

NG
Thanks Nice Guy!

I can't believe how helpful and genuinley nice people are on here! I will try those links you have sent me.

Your location states Ozzie? Where in Aus are you? Do you know the chances of getting there. ideally Brisbane?

Thanks again

Rachel
Rachel-UK is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:33 pm
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,038
Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's all about me, me, me!

Originally Posted by Rachel-UK View Post
Thanks Nice Guy!

I can't believe how helpful and genuinley nice people are on here! I will try those links you have sent me.

Your location states Ozzie? Where in Aus are you? Do you know the chances of getting there. ideally Brisbane?

Thanks again

Rachel
We are in the Gold Coast, loud, brash and tacky..........in parts.............but not where we live.

Best to ask your question about getting here on the Oz forums peeps on there are far more au fait about such matters than I.

Brissy is commutable by road or rail from the GC.

NG
Nice Guy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.