Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Printers - warning

Printers - warning

Old Jul 26th 2012, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

stephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Printers - warning

I checked with HP before bringing my printer. They told me that there would need to be a region code change and I'd be good to go.
Nah. same story as Mrs F.
Got a new printer, delivered FOC, as a swap for a 6 yr old printer!
Next problem, struggling to get work, may get sent home, printer won't work in UK region. Trade-Me here we come!
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:44 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
the one we just bought was cheaper than buying just the ink

Neil
same reason that games consoles and cellphones are subsidised as the manufacturers/suppliers make more money on the consumables/games/calls.....
Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Printers here are cheap as chips - I just bought a mono laser for under $200 and the cartridge is around $100. FAR less expense and hassle than an inkjet.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 1:58 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dlmckay
Printers here are cheap as chips - I just bought a mono laser for under $200 and the cartridge is around $100. FAR less expense and hassle than an inkjet.
You spent how much on a printer and half as much again on ink. They must have seen you coming !

I spent $45 on a printer and I'm still using the ink cartridges that came with it.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 2:45 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray and Debbie
You spent how much on a printer and half as much again on ink. They must have seen you coming !

I spent $45 on a printer and I'm still using the ink cartridges that came with it.
was yours a laser?

or a brother?

the are notorious for "front loading" their machines and selling crap - from a man with a rather expensive brother MFC machine