Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Prime Minister

The Prime Minister

Old Oct 22nd 2010, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice
Default Re: The Prime Minister

He doesn't have as many people trying to kill him so he can probably be a bit more relaxed
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 3:30 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: The Prime Minister

Originally Posted by jennifer45
There is one asian Minster who is totally unable to answer a question..She constantly misunderstands it. Whether this is deliberate or she has a poor command of english, I'm not sure, but i do think "how in hells name has she got that position?"
To be fair some ministers with a perfect command of the English language often don’t seem capable of really answering a simple question.

I’ve often wondered with all the “debate” in politics has anyone ever been in the house when an opposition MP made a statement and though “Oh...that’s a good point, I overlooked that point and failed to fully understand the argument. I change my opinion!”.

In fact do we really need a debate in politics prior to elections? Should the government not have better things to do, like running the country?
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 8:26 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Prime Minister

Party politics stifles free debate in my opinion. That's one thing that I like about the fragmenting of parties with proportional representation, more opinions can be heard.

Of course introducing complications such as fuller democratic representation tends to reduce efficient decision making. I suppose there must be a continuum between dictatorship and anarchy.

I wonder if any enterprising politics student has ever analysed which policies last longest. The ones made by cross-party consensus and the ones made by a single party overall majority. And by 'last' I mean they don't get diluted, overturned or replaced by the party with the opposite viewpoint when they are next in government.