Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

which primary school???

which primary school???

Old May 20th 2013, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold
Red face which primary school???

Hi,

We have just moved over to NZ been here nearly a week now. WE are in holiday home for approx 6 weeks until we find a longer term rented home. We are in Murrays Bay at the moment and are looking for house in same area (one of the bays).

The dilemma i have is the schools. My daughter is 10 and will be going into year 6, and I really want her to be happy.

There are several primary schools in the area but I am closest to Murrays Bay at the moment, but then might find a house in Browns Bay. I have been told by Browns Bay school that im not in their zoned area but I might be if I move so what then.

Has anyone got any advice on the primary schools please as i really do need to get her into school over next week or so but which one?

Cheers
Amanda
Old May 20th 2013, 11:22 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which primary school???

Your choices will be dictated by, as you are finding out, zoning based upon where you live.

Ask other parents what their opinions are regarding school vs school.

Visit schools, look for rentals within the zones of the schools you like.
Old May 20th 2013, 11:56 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which primary school???

One source of info might be the school's ERO (education review) report.

Google the school name and ERO. Some schools have the ero report on their websites.

Obviously you want to talk to parents too. I'd probably choose the school first and then move into the area. Look at where they would go to secondary too. My parents chose my school (and the area we lived in) on the basis of the secondary they wanted me to go to several years before I actually went there. It was literally a case of living on the right side of the railway tracks as to which school I could go to.