Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Prices for flights (UK to NZ return)

Prices for flights (UK to NZ return)

Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prices for flights (UK to NZ return)

I have a niece visiting me in November 2010, coming from the UK to NZ (Return) - what is a good price for such a trip? I want her to get the best value for her hard earned money
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:48 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prices for flights (UK to NZ return)

Originally Posted by nero
I have a niece visiting me in November 2010, coming from the UK to NZ (Return) - what is a good price for such a trip? I want her to get the best value for her hard earned money
Hi Nero
Just been checking Nov flight prices for our 'kids', at the moment Cathay Pacific £809 - £875; Air NZ £887; SIA £964; all inc taxes, based on economy with 1 stop (touchdown) & are for return tickets.
Advise your niece to sign up for emails from Air NZ, they will notify re flight sales which seem to happen about 6mths ahead. Am going to keep my eye on it tho & have advised kids to think about booking during May.
HTH
B x
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:41 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
Hi Nero
Just been checking Nov flight prices for our 'kids', at the moment Cathay Pacific £809 - £875; Air NZ £887; SIA £964; all inc taxes, based on economy with 1 stop (touchdown) & are for return tickets.
Advise your niece to sign up for emails from Air NZ, they will notify re flight sales which seem to happen about 6mths ahead. Am going to keep my eye on it tho & have advised kids to think about booking during May.
HTH
B x
Thought I would see if there are any promo codes around that would apply ...found 1 so far SAVE50 entered in Air NZ promo code box will do what it says....save £50 off cost of flight, also noticed on Air NZ site prices for Nov are coming up as a 'deal' ....still around £880 tho.
B x
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:09 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Kayak.co.uk are currently showing economy return flights LHR - AKL for £717 with Malaysia or £780 with Korean Air

expedia.co.uk have got Cathay Pacific starting at £834 and Quantas at £944...

both for Nov 2010

a few weeks ago Etihad had some really good deals for early summer (£100 cheaper than closest, starting at £500 from memory inc taxes) dunno if they might be worth a direct look..

just had an email from AirNZ but their latest sale doesn't go up to Nov ... might be worth signing up for them tho, like MnB suggests...

HTH
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:31 am
AKT
Forum Regular

AKT will become famous soon enough

www.traveljungle.co.uk used to be good too.

Have a look here http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/58588...cars-and-hote?

the other p[lace worth checking is the bank - RBS (and others) give you 10% off flights , there is a monthly account fee but this includes travel ins so is worth paying.

HTH

A
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Hi

I always use Dial a Flight. Prices good, service exceptional.

They tend to be as cheap as anyone else, including booking with the airlines direct.

the big advantage is that you talk with one dedicated person, you get his direct line phone number. if there are any questions he can normally ask someone in the office who has flown with that specific airline and get a first hand answer.

On one trip I bought flights and rooms from them, and I had problems with a hotel I had booked through them. I emailed them from Rome. They were brilliant, took all my complaints and got me a hefty refund from the hotel.

They have a website but last time I used them (to visit NZ last Easter) you still couldn't book through the web. I don't mind calling, and they are open late.

hope this helps