Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Price Is Wrong!

The Price Is Wrong!

Old Jun 14th 2014, 7:54 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile The Price Is Wrong!

I have a real problem with Countdown because the price on the items you buy often in no way corresponds to the prices they charge you at the till so I thought we'd play a funny supermarket game and everyone is welcome to play!

Well come on, at time of purchase how much do you think you'd have paid for a lovely pumpkin? $3.49, $2.79?

Spoiler:
If you guessed "neither of the above" you win, award each other 1 karma point. I wish I'd kept the receipt, next time...next time .

More to come later....
Old Jun 14th 2014, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Price Is Wrong!

When it comes to Pumpkins it pays to check the smaller little print underneath the price; the cheeky little ratbags like to play games with the pricing, sometimes it is $ per pumpkin at other times it is $ per kg.
Old Jun 14th 2014, 10:15 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Price Is Wrong!

Both "EA" in this case which I assume mean "Each" in the parlance of supermarket.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

I despise going to Countdown. In the last dozen visits I have been wrongly charged ten times. It really gets my goat that you have to stand and check the receipt before leaving, just to ensure that you've not been ripped off, again.

And, the 'supervisor' then just shrugs and makes absolute light of it, again.

Last time I let rip, I was fairly pi$$ed off with it. I accused them of adopting charging the incorrect price as a business policy, assuming that people will just accept it.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 4:49 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Pop geography quiz:
Australia is part of New Zealand. True or False?

Spoiler:
If you answered "true" you are sufficiently qualified to work at Countdown :
Old Oct 26th 2014, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I think the pumpkin was originally 169 sheckles, you can see it clearly labeled.

Perhaps the cow was on holiday here from Oz when it died of shock at seeing the price of pumpkins
Old Oct 26th 2014, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

Win the meat we have oddities like that here. If the beef is produced in, for example, France but is then shipped, processed and packed into steaks in the UK then it can be called UK meat. I don't know the exact rules but its do to with processing and packing.

Perhaps I shouldn't mention that large pumpkins here are the equivalent of $2.
Old Nov 8th 2014, 11:59 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Justcol
Perhaps the cow was on holiday here from Oz when it died of shock at seeing the price of pumpkins
Outsourcing I think, it's just gone much too far.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Come on, this works both ways you know....how many times have you bought things in The Warehouse only to find they charge you LESS at the till than the shelf price?
Old Nov 9th 2014, 3:07 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Come on, this works both ways you know....how many times have you bought things in The Warehouse only to find they charge you LESS at the till than the shelf price?
oohh me me me

then I'm like "doh could of got a few more"
Old Nov 9th 2014, 8:16 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Come on, this works both ways you know....how many times have you bought things in The Warehouse
Not recently.

The Warehouse has such an aweful reputation it was in the 10 worst performing NZX shares last year. As an ex of mine used to say "The Warehouse: Where everything you buy is broken."
Old Nov 10th 2014, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Once when I went to Countdown the discounts at the bottom minus the total didn't add up. Went back with receipt and complained (you could see the problem) but they still needed a calculator to work out (the bill was less than $10.00).

However, I got my money back plus the cost of that particular shop - wish i'd bought more!!!
Old Oct 9th 2015, 6:28 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Wink Re: The Price Is Wrong!

Meanwhile at Dick Smith:
How many people have a 240v power supply in their car?
Old Oct 12th 2015, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Proving that being ripped of is of course international, I picked up 2 pairs of trousers in Asda. The first was £18.99 and the second £25.99. They looked identical. I picked the more expensive pair up by mistake and then queried it at checkout. After much head scratching and inspection by the customer services department, we discovered that the more expensive pair had two more pockets. Er, no thanks.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 5:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Husband once bought a CD from The warehouse. Twas of the Ratpack crooning their thing.

Got it home to play it with the CD itself stated Ratpack ion the disc, however on playing the thing it was some foreign Russian sounding soprano giving it a fair bit of heavy duty opera .

Took it back but did he get his money back ?

Spoiler:
Nopes. Because he had played it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.