Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The price of RawlPlugs-WallPlugs!!!

The price of RawlPlugs-WallPlugs!!!

Old Oct 30th 2006, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Adventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to all
Default The price of RawlPlugs-WallPlugs!!!

Incredible.
In the last 2 days I have been to Placemakers & Bunnings to buy some simple rawlplugs.
The prices are ridiculous.
In Placemakers they were about NZD30 for 100 really small ones. that is 30 cents each!!
In Bunnings for a pack of 10 they were $5.71!! That is 57 cents each or about 22p each!!
In UK I could buy 100 of the same small ones for about 60p!
Does anyone know in Auckland or preferably the North Shore where one can buy decent priced DIY accessories such as wall plugs, screws, nails, bolts etc etc??
Old Oct 30th 2006, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default The price of RawlPlugs-WallPlugs!!!

Easy..............the $2 shop............where they will cost..........ummmmmmmmmh...............$2
Old Oct 30th 2006, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of
Default Re: The price of RawlPlugs-WallPlugs!!!

you have a house in nz with masonry walls????
christ man you should be rich then..... you can afford it!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:01 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

You can buy a four socket extension lead for cheaper than a single plug....
Wait till you see the price of tomato's..
Old Oct 31st 2006, 3:18 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
You can buy a four socket extension lead for cheaper than a single plug....
Wait till you see the price of tomato's..
More expensive than gold aren't they lol
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:07 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sky
More expensive than gold aren't they lol
haven;t i seen pictures of your tomatoes somewhere?!!! lol!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:09 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sniffydog
haven;t i seen pictures of your tomatoes somewhere?!!! lol!
Don't know .... have you?
All confused now
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:10 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sky
Don't know .... have you?
All confused now
or some kind of veg - on *****?!!!!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:11 pm
Top Dog

or some kind of veg - on *****?!!!!
that was on the u k 2 n z .....
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:15 pm
sky
Banned

Maybe you have then lol we grew a load last year and wish I'd frozen loads cos in the summer they're dirt cheap.
We've just planted some more in this rental and Im going to dig the veggie garden over this week and get that going.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:24 pm
Top Dog

Originally Posted by sky
Maybe you have then lol we grew a load last year and wish I'd frozen loads cos in the summer they're dirt cheap.
We've just planted some more in this rental and Im going to dig the veggie garden over this week and get that going.
just checked on u k 2 n z - getting you mixed up with someone else!! It wasn't tomatoes it was cucumbers!!!

Still, if you want to show me your tomatoes pm me!!!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:26 pm
sky
Banned

just checked on u k 2 n z - getting you mixed up with someone else!! It wasn't tomatoes it was cucumbers!!!

Still, if you want to show me your tomatoes pm me!!!
Ok

I grew a few cucumbers too but I don't think I watered them enough cos their ends shriveled up!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:31 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Adventurer
Incredible.
In the last 2 days I have been to Placemakers & Bunnings to buy some simple rawlplugs.
The prices are ridiculous.
In Placemakers they were about NZD30 for 100 really small ones. that is 30 cents each!!
In Bunnings for a pack of 10 they were $5.71!! That is 57 cents each or about 22p each!!
In UK I could buy 100 of the same small ones for about 60p!
Does anyone know in Auckland or preferably the North Shore where one can buy decent priced DIY accessories such as wall plugs, screws, nails, bolts etc etc??

Dunno how long you've been here but get used to it!