Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The price of raspberries moved from - Weird Kiwi Cusine thread

The price of raspberries moved from - Weird Kiwi Cusine thread

Old Dec 6th 2013, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The price of raspberries moved from - Weird Kiwi Cusine thread

120g Punnets of Raspberries were $3.99 in Pak n Save today, most of them were totally gone over and dripping with juice or speckled with mould but I did manage to find a box that looked reasonably dry and clear of green fluffy bits of botrytis.

I'll not be 'aving any of this Captain Caveman malarkey, mine will be served sandwiched between a large portion of sponge cake and cream tomorrow.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 9:47 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles

I'll not be 'aving any of this Captain Caveman malarkey, mine will be served sandwiched between a large portion of sponge cake and cream tomorrow.
Mmmmm - will it be served with a nice pot of tea? Remind me where you live ...
Old Dec 6th 2013, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Caryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Well, while it's lovely for you that on your budget fresh food doesn't seem expensive, it's a bit ignorant to deduce from that that buying fresh food is therefore simply a matter of making a 'right(ous)' health choice.
I'm with you there chocolate biccie! I remember coming back to NZ in 2001 after a few short months away. I went to the supermarket with a friend and was horrified when he paid (2001 remember) $5.00 for a cauliflower! Please now ignore the subject of raspberries in this thread!
Old Dec 6th 2013, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice

Do you have 'clotted cream' in NZ?
This is a personal favourite and I'm going to miss it if not.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Caryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to all

Originally Posted by snaps
I think you would have to make your own unless you find someone doing this from their farm (probably illegal). Same goes for Crème fraîche, faisselle...

NZ cream is the best! Fullllll fat! Great taste and whips up in seconds! Pity about the r..pb.....s:
Old Dec 6th 2013, 6:10 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

It's in a very few New World stores, or you can order it from the South Island. Very expensive but I guess that's a good thing - I've never bought it here, whereas in seven months in the UK I think we bought three pots
Old Dec 6th 2013, 6:26 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I've not seen any clotted cream but I live in South Auckland so it's no great surprise!

My local New World do a very nice 'European style' creme fraiche. It's lovely and I throw a bit in all sorts of meals.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 7:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Have you been reading past posts

Where is Vital Big Sticks? Those two words are like a bee to a honey pot.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes there is Clotted cream, certainly in Auckland. Seen it in larger New World stores and Farro's.

Lewis Road Creamery have also brought out Jersey Cream & DOUBLE CREAM I was thinking that it would never be produced here but well done Lewis Road. They make great butter too.

And to add my two penneth, raspberries are an extortionate price. I'm speaking with my Home Economist hat on.