Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

price of living - moved to main forum

price of living - moved to main forum

Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:34 pm
Whatever will be will be

alyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant future
Question price of living - moved to main forum

Can anyone advise me on the 'price of living' in NZ, what is expensive? and what is cheap? any advice appreciated thanks.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:42 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: price of living

Originally Posted by alyj
Can anyone advise me on the 'price of living' in NZ, what is expensive? and what is cheap? any advice appreciated thanks.
Books, shoes, reasonable quality clothes, paint and electronics are pricier than other countries. I find many groceries to wildly swing in price depending on season and availability.

Just remember - wherever you go, there you are. You will need to work out what your income is and budget accordingly for your needs and desires. I find it helpful to not constantly work out conversion rates. That will drive you bananas. (Bananas vary in price as well )
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:59 pm
Whatever will be will be

alyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by happynz
Books, shoes, reasonable quality clothes, paint and electronics are pricier than other countries. I find many groceries to wildly swing in price depending on season and availability.

Just remember - wherever you go, there you are. You will need to work out what your income is and budget accordingly for your needs and desires. I find it helpful to not constantly work out conversion rates. That will drive you bananas. (Bananas vary in price as well )
thank you so much, do you think NZ is better than Wales UK? what's your honest opinion?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:33 pm
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

Wales is better
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:41 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

Originally Posted by pascalr
Wales is better
It would be if it wasn't for the Welsh
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

thank you so much, do you think NZ is better than Wales UK? what's your honest opinion?
You cannot really compare TBH. Different countries entirely.

Cost of living here can be high compared to wages but one can live happily enough. Depends on what you want from your lives. Sorry if that sounds a bit general .

Are you wanting some actuals costs then ?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

We've got a Welsh pub in Welly if that helps you!!!

I am going to sit down at somepoint and work out actually what I spend each month, now all the set up costs are gone and paid for and its just down to actual usage of power and phone and internet and rent and alcohol and food and stuff, must admit my weekly food anticipated budget is probably about 50% higher than I thought, could be to do with the wine offers that they always seem to have on, or the scary high cost of cheese...worried it may scare me a little bit!!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:26 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Here is my honest, no holds barred, tell it like it is opinion -- I have never been to Wales, so I can't say. How's that?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I've been there!

I went to Wales and met a girl named Rhonda.

Nice lady.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've been there!

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I went to Wales and met a girl named Rhonda.

Nice lady.
And how was her Valley???
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14
And how was her Valley???
I asked for that!

To be honest she was a lovely lady, very dark complexion and long dark hair.

But................so.................well........ .........Welsh!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I asked for that!

To be honest she was a lovely lady, very dark complexion and long dark hair.

But................so.................well........ .........Welsh!
There isn't quite a collection of words to decribe that is there, its just "welsh" that really works...
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:38 am
Whatever will be will be

Default Re: price of living - moved to main forum

Ok guys enough of the 'welsh jokes' hey I'm welsh but not THAT welsh, I live in Cardiff, but will be so glad to be out of this miserable place!! Oh yeah Rhonda says HI!!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: price of living - moved to main forum

Ok guys enough of the 'welsh jokes' hey I'm welsh but not THAT welsh, I live in Cardiff, but will be so glad to be out of this miserable place!! Oh yeah Rhonda says HI!!
Hey alyj

No harm or malice intended to Wales or the Welsh.

Great to know Rhonda says 'Hi' can you ask her if I can have my Slade album back (if she has finished with it) and how is her sister?

Many thanks

NG
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:35 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

Originally Posted by irnbru14
We've got a Welsh pub in Welly if that helps you!!!
I've been in one of them!
They stop speaking English when you walk in and start speaking Welsh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.