Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pressies from the UK - how long did yours take?

Pressies from the UK - how long did yours take?

Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:16 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Pressies from the UK - how long did yours take?

Well, maybe the screw-up isn't completely on New Zealand's side.

December 23, 2007
Royal Mail loses 2m presents

ROYAL MAIL faces an angry consumer backlash this weekend over more than 2m parcels and letters lost or delayed in the Christmas post.

Customers across the country are in danger of being left without their presents as postal workers are overwhelmed by the £10 billion boom in online shopping. The backlog has allegedly been compounded by postal workers deliberately failing to deliver presents to save time on their rounds.

Yesterday, at depots round the country, customers were being forced to brave the winter chill and wait in long queues to reclaim their Christmas parcels.

About 1.2m letters and parcels are already estimated to have been lost in the Christmas post. Hundreds of thousands of other items are delayed or awaiting collection at depots where queues of up to two hours have formed....

The rest of the article can be found at...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...S&attr=2015164
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:18 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Well, maybe the screw-up isn't completely on New Zealand's side.

December 23, 2007
Royal Mail loses 2m presents

ROYAL MAIL faces an angry consumer backlash this weekend over more than 2m parcels and letters lost or delayed in the Christmas post.

Customers across the country are in danger of being left without their presents as postal workers are overwhelmed by the £10 billion boom in online shopping. The backlog has allegedly been compounded by postal workers deliberately failing to deliver presents to save time on their rounds.

Yesterday, at depots round the country, customers were being forced to brave the winter chill and wait in long queues to reclaim their Christmas parcels.

About 1.2m letters and parcels are already estimated to have been lost in the Christmas post. Hundreds of thousands of other items are delayed or awaiting collection at depots where queues of up to two hours have formed....

The rest of the article can be found at...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...S&attr=2015164
Nice to know nothing changes back in Blighty..
Old Dec 24th 2007, 10:56 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

And just to add insult to injury, my sis-in-law posted me my burpday pressie 10 days ago and it arrived today.

Still no sign of the Christmas booty send over 40 days ago!

Ah well, there's always cheap red wine to fall back on
Old Dec 25th 2007, 12:15 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Hey, all of you living in Canterbury who haven't yet received your Christmas parcels, when I left work last night (I'm currently temping at the mail distribution centre in Harewood next to the airport) I saw heaps and heaps of parcels with Royal Mail stickers on 'em ready to be bagged and sent out to the posties who will hopefully drop 'em off at your place at week's end. I hope some of these packages are yours and they finally make it to your abode.

Old Dec 25th 2007, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all

Hi - thanks for the update. We have a few worried family memebers who have sent stuff from the UK so it's good to know it's ( hopefully ) on it's way
Old Dec 25th 2007, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Merry Christmas, we had a parcel sent out, then it got returned because it didnt have a customs declaration sticker on. My sister in law spent £15.00 sending it out only for it to be sent back. She was having to go back to the post office and repost, so who knows when we will get it. Many parcel have arrived and they were only taking about 7/10 days which wasnt bad. We are still waiting for a few that only posted them last week.

Having a great first xmas in NZ, going to the beach today to have a go at surfing

Annbee
Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
We know that stuff was posted to us in ChCh from the UK in late November, but it has yet to arrive here.

Anyone else waiting on stuff, or has NZ Post got a vendetta out on just us?

One of the packages has all of our immigration docs in, so I'm starting to get antsy!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 11:04 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

well from the opposite perspective...

i sent parcels to the UK on Monday 17 December from Wellington and they arrived on the morning of 21 December in London. Very pleased
Old Dec 30th 2007, 5:59 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Still no sign of presents, and a worrying thing: A postcard sent to us from Franz Joseph Glacier by my parents on the 15th of November just arrived here.

That's a month and a half to get INTERNAL mail!!!!

Ah well, the pressies should be here in time for next Christmas I reckon.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:07 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting for two parcels (both with my pressies in 'em!!) and a few cards with money in too... hope they hurry up..
Old Dec 31st 2007, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Every card we have received from the UK has been opened and not even a half attempt at covering their tracks! One they just didn't even attempt to seal it back up, just left it torn and posted it!

Luckily, I have a UK account and just get everyone to put the cash in that way so I've not had an money stolen but I know a few who have!
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

I sent a present (too big to go through a letter box), Nov 2005 from Rotorua to my Mum in the NE of England, which never arrived. EASTER 2006 it arrived back with us, with a message written on it saying card left at address, but parcel never collected from mail centre, so returned to us. Mum had never received a delivery card !!!!
Hand delivered present Oct 2006, when I visited UK....... It was a crystal christmas tree ornament.

Gill