Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Presents for New Zealanders from England

Presents for New Zealanders from England

Old Jan 4th 2010, 10:26 am
Just Joined

RobBRFC4EVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Presents for New Zealanders from England

Hi everyone, new to the forum. Im Rob from South London, England.

My girlfriend is a Kiwi from the Hamilton area and is back home for a period to sort out remaining stuff at home/visa issues before moving permanently back to England.

Im going to visit for just over 3 weeks in Feb and its gonna be the first time I see her country and meet her family. My question is, are there any particular gifts that Nzer's like receiving from English people? You know presents that Nz living in London always bring back to their family when they go back home etc. Stuff they don't get much of in Nz.
My mom is American, so whenever we go back, we take English chocolate and tea, which you cant get so much out there-so was wondering if there is anything similar for Nz.

Cheers for any help.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 10:47 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Presents for New Zealanders from England

Originally Posted by RobBRFC4EVA View Post
Hi everyone, new to the forum. Im Rob from South London, England.

My girlfriend is a Kiwi from the Hamilton area and is back home for a period to sort out remaining stuff at home/visa issues before moving permanently back to England.

Im going to visit for just over 3 weeks in Feb and its gonna be the first time I see her country and meet her family. My question is, are there any particular gifts that Nzer's like receiving from English people? You know presents that Nz living in London always bring back to their family when they go back home etc. Stuff they don't get much of in Nz.
My mom is American, so whenever we go back, we take English chocolate and tea, which you cant get so much out there-so was wondering if there is anything similar for Nz.

Cheers for any help.
Not sure if there are any specifics. But I made up a little English pack for my boss and family which they loved. (Couple of boddington beers, branston pickle, english mustard, twinnings tea, walkers crisps, real cadburys and you could throw in a guide book for when they visit)
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:40 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nelsonpom View Post
Not sure if there are any specifics. But I made up a little English pack for my boss and family which they loved. (Couple of boddington beers, branston pickle, english mustard, twinnings tea, walkers crisps, real cadburys and you could throw in a guide book for when they visit)
Any books in fact as they are so expensive here!
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

It depends if they are English or NZers...some of the things that us Poms miss would be bizarre to a Kiwi (twiglets and marmite for example)

Mmmmm, now...so what would I bring.
Probably a book, oldy but goody being "notes from a small island"
Magazines (I love Ads from oversea!!!!!!!!!)
Cool tea towels
T shirts (but not tack tourist ones)
Fridge magnets (the tackier the better!)
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:07 am
Just Joined

RobBRFC4EVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for the suggestions guys. Her family are Kiwi's, so its not a case of me bringing them stuff that reminds them of home. Im just tryna bring over some interesting English stuff!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with the tacky fridge magnets, then of course there's the M&S Percy Pigs (6 packets just gone out to NZ)!