British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Presents for New Zealanders from England (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/presents-new-zealanders-england-647302/)

RobBRFC4EVA Jan 4th 2010 10:26 am

Presents for New Zealanders from England

Hi everyone, new to the forum. Im Rob from South London, England.

My girlfriend is a Kiwi from the Hamilton area and is back home for a period to sort out remaining stuff at home/visa issues before moving permanently back to England.

Im going to visit for just over 3 weeks in Feb and its gonna be the first time I see her country and meet her family. My question is, are there any particular gifts that Nzer's like receiving from English people? You know presents that Nz living in London always bring back to their family when they go back home etc. Stuff they don't get much of in Nz.
My mom is American, so whenever we go back, we take English chocolate and tea, which you cant get so much out there-so was wondering if there is anything similar for Nz.

Cheers for any help. :thumbup:

nelsonpom Jan 4th 2010 10:47 am

Re: Presents for New Zealanders from England

Originally Posted by RobBRFC4EVA (Post 8217056)
Hi everyone, new to the forum. Im Rob from South London, England.

My girlfriend is a Kiwi from the Hamilton area and is back home for a period to sort out remaining stuff at home/visa issues before moving permanently back to England.

Im going to visit for just over 3 weeks in Feb and its gonna be the first time I see her country and meet her family. My question is, are there any particular gifts that Nzer's like receiving from English people? You know presents that Nz living in London always bring back to their family when they go back home etc. Stuff they don't get much of in Nz.
My mom is American, so whenever we go back, we take English chocolate and tea, which you cant get so much out there-so was wondering if there is anything similar for Nz.

Cheers for any help. :thumbup:

Not sure if there are any specifics. But I made up a little English pack for my boss and family which they loved. (Couple of boddington beers, branston pickle, english mustard, twinnings tea, walkers crisps, real cadburys and you could throw in a guide book for when they visit) :thumbup:

Am Loolah Jan 5th 2010 8:40 am

Originally Posted by nelsonpom (Post 8217085)
Not sure if there are any specifics. But I made up a little English pack for my boss and family which they loved. (Couple of boddington beers, branston pickle, english mustard, twinnings tea, walkers crisps, real cadburys and you could throw in a guide book for when they visit) :thumbup:

Any books in fact as they are so expensive here!:(

pricklykina Jan 5th 2010 8:47 am

It depends if they are English or NZers...some of the things that us Poms miss would be bizarre to a Kiwi (twiglets and marmite for example)

Mmmmm, now...so what would I bring.
Probably a book, oldy but goody being "notes from a small island"
Magazines (I love Ads from oversea!!!!!!!!!)
Cool tea towels
T shirts (but not tack tourist ones)
Fridge magnets (the tackier the better!)

RobBRFC4EVA Jan 6th 2010 10:07 am

Cheers for the suggestions guys. Her family are Kiwi's, so its not a case of me bringing them stuff that reminds them of home. Im just tryna bring over some interesting English stuff! :)

j19fmm Jan 6th 2010 7:32 pm

Totally agree with the tacky fridge magnets, then of course there's the M&S Percy Pigs (6 packets just gone out to NZ)!