Prejudice

Old Dec 13th 2013, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prejudice

One occasion a Kiwi colleague was complaining about "all these foreign nurse coming here and taking jobs from Kiwi nurses".... I reminded her I was a "foreign nurse too" .... to which she replied... "You're British not foreign" !!!

Gill
Old Dec 13th 2013, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
One occasion a Kiwi colleague was complaining about "all these foreign nurse coming here and taking jobs from Kiwi nurses".... I reminded her I was a "foreign nurse too" .... to which she replied... "You're British not foreign" !!!

Gill
It is ingrained to be anti anyone and everything that is not 'homegrowen' and standard procedure for people to rant and rave and say insensitive things about 'Poms' or any other nationality and then turn around when called to attention about it they say- 'Oh but of course we didn't mean you, you're alright, my Mum's a Pom, you're nearly one of us' type of BS.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Some real sweeping comments in here.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

as brits we look like kiwis so a lot of the nonsense isn't aimed at us, many kiwis are only 2nd or 3rd generation
with pommes for parents or grandparents we are to a point considered ok
just as in the uk most racism is aimed at those who are not white simply because they are not white
Old Dec 14th 2013, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree , I ve never had a detremental comment about my nationality .I have been the but of jokes at work with how I prounounce my H s .
But I just retaliate in a jovial way about how they prounounce decks and eggs !!
Old Dec 15th 2013, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yjx1nt7
how they prounounce decks and eggs !!
Ahh yes, "the wifes sat on the dick having a wine" never ceases to raise a smile
Old Dec 15th 2013, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

BlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to all

or..."the wifes on the dick having seeks"
Old Dec 16th 2013, 2:45 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Partners work mate "How many glasses of wine did you have last night?"

Me "I had six"

*Cue school girl like giggling*

Old Dec 16th 2013, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Been here six months and not had any problems with prejudice. Most people don't even realise I'm fresh from the UK, they tend to think I've moved up North from Auckland. So many Brits up here anyway!!