Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pre assesement of qualifications

Pre assesement of qualifications

Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

tonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the rough
Default Pre assesement of qualifications

Hi all have just had my qualifications pre assessed by the NZQA below is the result of that.
On the information available, the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) assesses this qualification as comparable to the learning outcome of level 3 on the New Zealand Register of Quality Assured Qualifications.
I work in child care in the UK does anyone know if Level three is good and will it be enough for me to get a job in New Zealand.

Many thanks Helen
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:44 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pre assesement of qualifications

This is what ANZSCO states. Is the description accurate for your occupation?

MINOR GROUP 421 CHILD CARERS

CHILD CARERS provide care and supervision for children in residential homes and non-residential childcare centres.

Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.

In Australia:
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)

In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)

At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

Tasks Include:
o assisting in the preparation of materials and equipment for children's education and recreational activities
o managing children's behaviour and guiding children's social development
o preparing and conducting activities for children
o entertaining children by reading and playing games
o supervising children in recreational activities
o supervising the daily routine of children
o supervising the hygiene of children

Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

Hi Helen,

I work in childcare in the uk, and am emigrating to NZ this year. I am a qualified social worker and my qualifications was assessed as level 7 which is at degree or dipoma level in NZ.

Just out of interest are you applying through the skilled migrant category?

If you need to know anything else or want any advice please PM me.

Thanks.
Mandy
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

tonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PHONEJUNKY
Hi Helen,

I work in childcare in the uk, and am emigrating to NZ this year. I am a qualified social worker and my qualifications was assessed as level 7 which is at degree or dipoma level in NZ.

Just out of interest are you applying through the skilled migrant category?

If you need to know anything else or want any advice please PM me.

Thanks.
Mandy
Hi Mandy thank you for the information have looked at the skilled migrant catorgary cant really see from that if i can apply as a skilled migrant am going to get in touch with an agent see of they can advise me.
Helen

Last edited by tonyhelen; Feb 19th 2008 at 10:21 am.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS here
This is what ANZSCO states. Is the description accurate for your occupation?
Hi Bev thank you for that at last i have an idea of what my qualifications are equal too.

Helen