British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Practice nurse looking for help abut work opportunities in NZ please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/practice-nurse-looking-help-abut-work-opportunities-nz-please-525919/)

paulnicky Mar 31st 2008 10:30 pm

Practice nurse looking for help abut work opportunities in NZ please

Hi I'm a Practis Nurse in the UK working in a large medical centre, could any NZ Nurses tell me any links for this kind work in NZ. Many thanks :)

BEVS Apr 1st 2008 12:03 am

Re: Practice nurse looking for help abut work opportunities in NZ please

Hi and welcome to the NZ forum.

I have moved your post into its own thread and onto the main forum. Hopefully the nurses here will be along soon to help.

CJandCLARE Apr 1st 2008 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by paulnicky (Post 6139496)
Hi I'm a Practis Nurse in the UK working in a large medical centre, could any NZ Nurses tell me any links for this kind work in NZ. Many thanks :)

Hey you 2! glad to see you found the forum okay:thumbsup:. Have you been onto RAF transfers yet?
Clare

paulnicky Apr 1st 2008 2:51 pm

YES Clare, JUST LEARNING HOW TO USE THE TOOLS.

Loads of news and views to read, lovely to meet you the other day. It is really bizzare how many things we have in common. Have you sorted out who's looking after Paul when you go for the interview? Sure Nicky could baby sit for you if its not a Mon or Tues. Will chat with Chris,

All the best Paul

CJandCLARE Apr 1st 2008 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by paulnicky (Post 6142797)
YES Clare, JUST LEARNING HOW TO USE THE TOOLS.

Loads of news and views to read, lovely to meet you the other day. It is really bizzare how many things we have in common. Have you sorted out who's looking after Paul when you go for the interview? Sure Nicky could baby sit for you if its not a Mon or Tues. Will chat with Chris,

All the best Paul

Hey Paul. Was good to meet you two as well. Me and Paul had a good couple of days down in norfolk. flight home was good as well. Get Chris to pass on my e-mail and we can keep in touch. Will be able to chat to Nicky when you are away. will decide about paul nearer interview time. Have posted a ? on the RAF forum to see if anyone else had taken sprogs. Waiting on a reply.
clare.

di90 Apr 1st 2008 7:56 pm

hello all and to paul,

this is my first post on here, so please be gentle with me .

Re work - i am speaking to a recruitment agency in christchurch who specifically deal with health care workers. They are really nice and it doesn't cost you a penny as they get there costs from the employers. Met them at london expo last year.
try this website, hope it helps

www.accent.net.nz

Di

BEVS Apr 1st 2008 8:53 pm

Hi there PaulNicky.

Welcome to this little NZ forum. Have some karma for your newness.

Let's see what we can find about Practice Nurse, while we wait for the nurses to come along. I'm not a nurse at all. I'm a plumbers wife. :D

You can access any of the sites I link to by clicking on the blue type.

Here is a link to a page listing all New Zealands District Health Boards. (click the blue type).When you get to the page I linked to , you will be able to connect to each of the district health board web sites by clicking on the name.

I think many of the nurses have contacted the Health Boards direct about work vacancies and opportunities.

Medical Centres here do have practice nurses. Our own little practice here in our village, Mapua, has 3 practice nurses that I know of. One of which is part-time.

SEEK seem to have a few vacancies listed. (Again click the blue type).

Trade Me also lists job vacancies.
I can see a few for Practice Nurse there too.

This is the Practice Nurse Alliance website. Using some of the contacts listed there may help find work .

Other than that, if you know which NZ area you would live to in ,may I suggest looking through the Yellow Pages and contacting all the practices in that area. One or more could well turn up trumps.

You will need to have your UK quals assessed by the NZ Nursing Council